1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Plus - Good Choice?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by novicefreak, Sep 23, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi.

If you're on a tight un-stretchable budget, go for it. With the discounts you'll surely get, it'll be a steal: just for that design classic-ism, build, safety, ride-handling, reliable efficient engine etc.

But, really: are you sure you want/need a three-box car? The Evo or Avventura have decent space, decent-sized luggage space too, and tons of 'presence'.

You could look at a Tata Zest,as well? With the Fiat diesel.

regards
    novicefreak likes this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If the budget is a constraint and if you cannot look at the Linea Tjet mid variant as an option, I would suggest, take a serious look at the Zest. The Zest did impress me with the little time I spent checking out the car. To top it off, it runs with a Fiat diesel heart.
    novicefreak likes this.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Also to add on, classic engine comes with 75 hp tune and not 90 hp as the new linea. One of my friend purchased it and only then came to know about the different state of tune. 75 hp is way too under powered for linea
    novicefreak likes this.
  4. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I personally thank each one of the members for suggesting & making my choice clear through this discussion.

I echo the same "Classic Plus" is not a complete product perse, but my fact of consideration is

I would rather explain in detail, please do excuse me.

1) We have PalioStile MJD, SDX and m too happy with the build and workmanship and the way it handles in city, the only glitch here is, its clutch as you all are aware is too hard m experiencing knee and back problems. It was purchased in 2008 and soon we had replacement/service for the clutch assembly but the conclusion is its still very hard even now.

Additionally the NVH seems to be on higher side compared to any diesel in the segment. Hence I am driving occasionally now & my main stream drive is with IndigoCS GLX which I purchased when I was too novice for tech specs/brand etc. Though everyone around said not to go, but I was carried over by “Three box”. Frankly m happy with selection, but two things which are not OK is, TATA brand image <-> cabbie status and low power in city traffic, besides a mileage of 10KMPL in city drive, 14KMPL highway (AC on)

2) So the thought of exchange IndigoCS sprung up.

3) Considered Honda Amaze, just OK with its interiors and heard a lot about NVH. Had Test drive but I could not notice NVH in the small test drive I had.

3) I have 8-8.5 as my budget fixed and hence started to explore & came across Linea Classic Plus and wonderful review here on TeamFiat.

4) Had few discussions by SA but yet to TD. The price after discount is hovering around 8-8.05.
    Also a 2013 Emotion MJD is available at 9.4 (these offers are purely over phone, email)

5) After reading all the suggestions and frankly thankful to each and every1 I am in serious thinkover and would wait n go about Dynamic in future.

6) Tata ZEST is very good vehicle inside out based on online reviews, but again TATA ?? No not this time?! may be thats bcoz, I have had few share of my niggles with CS (Speed sensor failure, Powerwindows failure twice, AC Console failure etc) I would rather give TATA time to improve /prove themselves with on –the par product.in competiotion.

7) Looks like there is no proper threebox in my budget range and quite confused

8) Other considerations- daily commute about 40KM and occasional outing(that when boot is handy), I am open to a petrol car with 14 avg in City driving conditions.

9) Enquired Ecosport, starts (D)9.16, 10.2 and so on, Fiesta Classic 8.89 NO DISCOUNTS (SA said that very loudly over phone)

10) So where am I now. a) Wait for Dynamic MJD ->good offers b) Avventura c) Ciaz hope this doesn't disappoint!!! :)

Thanks for all your time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Whatever the decision do update us. Good to know what you are thinking. You couldn't go wrong with either the Tjet or MJD esp. since they are new. And 40km daily drive will justify diesel for sure. Just wondering what are the traffic conditions in which you will drive.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Avventura mjd sounds perfect for you, then, from what you've enumerated as your 'funda-s' about this purchase.

cheers, do update
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

1)Please evaluate seriously the need for a decent boot. If truly required , then none of the sub4m "compromise" cars will suffice. You must look at C2 segment where the best choice (but not popular) is 2014 Linea. Although I must say that the automatic diesel Vento looks tempting if you are looking at a 3-5 year period and are a sedate driver. Sadly, Fiat doesn't look anywhere close to launching any auto version.A C2 segment model will be at least 1.5 lac costlier but so much better ownership experience.

2) You are in the wrong forum if you have image problems with any car. This forum is all about lamenting lack of image of Fiat btw. No car is niggle free nowadays. You will get to hear niggles even on Honda cars , the Indian versions of which are anyway too overrated and almost venerated.
  8. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    hi
    Today, I had gone to fiat service center to inquire about clutch hardness in Fiat Palio Stile mjd & general service. SA informed Palio have / had this issue and lets see how it could be resolved.

I presume it was stockyard cum service center, there, I was happy to see New Linea, Punto Evo in all glitter, suddenly I noticed Linea Classic Plus and asked for availability of TD vehicle, they did arrange for TD vehicle, and TD short distance just to understand the performance (any sluggishness as you quoted)

I must say Linea Classic Plus performed effortless with AC ON & three persons inside.

Asked SA for, is there any quality degradation in interiors of Linea classic, SA mentioned its same as old Linea.

The suspension, braking, turning were all superb. Similar to Palio MJD and slightly better too.
    Coming to clutch, Fiat have improved a lot here and its butter smooth and slotting of gears were perfect.

In my short TD, I found there was sufficient power and hence no need to change gears frequently.

There was little bit of noise in cabin while TD but I am not too sure.

With this, I am NOT jumping to buy Classic Plus considering all the advises and suggestions by forum members, but I felt it deserves decent credit and not as compromise car.

Yes there are few hits and misses and no car is perfect car. If the deal is real good, then MJD Linea is worth to have a look.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Just one more update in the evening, SA informed about 2013 Linea Emotion is available with discount and quote ~9.5L. I checked TeamFiat website for VIN decoding, its Sep2013. Is this a good offer?

Mod Note: Kindly avoid typing like this..... Please refer to the TFI Rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/

techspec.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to bargain more and do make sure to do proper PDI before finalizing 1 year old car - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pre-delivery-inspection-checklist.12759/.

Did you check new Linea cost of Active or Dynamic, on road, with current discounts?
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast

hi Ravi

Thanks for the useful link...
    I did inquire about New Linea offers / discounts but with revised rates from 01.09.2014 I am told new linea doesnot have discount.