1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Plus - Good Choice?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by novicefreak, Sep 23, 2014.

1. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello every1!

Thank you TeamFiat for accepting my membership.:)

Presently we have Palio Stile MJD and Indigo CS GLX.

I am planning to upgrade Indigo CS GLX to Fiat Linea Classic Plus MJD.:)
    The dealer in Hyderabad is quoting 8.8 OTR, regarding discounts they mention Insurance free, Loyalty Bonus besides few corporate offers and quote is hovering around 8.27. Also, if I "bargain" I may get essential accessories like foot mats, body cover.

I request esteemed members to guide me. is this a good deal?

Please excuse as this is my first post ever and hope to improve upon.

Mod Note: Excess smileys removed to help readers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    novicefreak and prabhjot like this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Unfortunately, moving from an Indigo CS to a Linea Classic would be a retrograde step. The Linea Classic , with its toned down "everything" is hardly the car you want to spend 8.8 lacs on. Please go for the 2014 Linea , even the Dynamic version will do if you are tight on budget. My honest suggestion, bargain hard for a 2014 Emotion (TJet/MJD). You will really feel its a well deserved upgrade.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Sir, what about Avventura.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    If I were you I won't go for the Linea Classic. That car at best is a compromise. Looked like a good concept initially but now I am not at all a fan of that car. Go for the New Linea MJD or the New Linea T-Jet. Choose the variant based on your budget. The New Linea T-Jet Dynamic would be my choice. That would be a REAL upgrade.

Did you test drive the Linea Classic? You already have the Palio MJD in house. Did you find the Linea Classic lethargic / sluggish compared to the Palio?

Good luck with the decision making. Keep us updated and feel free to ask more.

6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    If somehow you are very inclined buy Classic plus, you could post quote of Linea Dynamic offer at Hyderabad prices. Agree with all opinions here, a regular dynamic is better either in Tjet or MJD. Once you have prices, post the bargaining and discounts which you do with the sales guys on the regular Face-lift Dynamic versions, then you/we can have better picture and discuss things further if needed.

Best of Luck..!
    novicefreak likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Right from the day the Classic was launched, I was totally against that model and was never a fan ot that. Spending 8L+ for Classic is not making much sense to me.

If I were you, I would be considering the below options.
    - Evo 90HP
    - Avventura
    - Sunny/Scala
    novicefreak likes this.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First of all, welcome to the forum novicefreak.

My opinion, Classic is a joke and not for a personal ownership. I always felt it was to lure the cab market.

For 8+ lacs, I would seriously give twice a thought for this money.

As our staff members have mentioned, and my personal suggestion would be to try out the variants in the new Linea and check which can fit into your budget. Also, the fit and finish and the interiors in the new Linea is way beyond the older and classic model and its a pleasure to the eye.

@ramjn, I never thought Sunny/Scala would be mentioned. My personal taste, both, being the same with different brands, never appealed to me as a well proportioned car in more than one way. The plus I see in them is the engine alone. Just my personal thoughts.
    novicefreak likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Even the New Linea Dynamic variant as suggested by few wouldnt come in that price range IMO, Only the Active variant would fit which will be too basic. If you are bowled over by the Classic plus, would suggest to pick it up or else look for cars outside Fiat. Some options that come to my mind are Hyundai Xcent, Fiesta Classic.

Somehow I am not clear about your requirements.
    novicefreak likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

You should try out the new Fiesta, sunny and scala in that price range and if the budget is tight, the Chevy sedan too.
    Wait for the Ciaz.
    novicefreak likes this.