1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic MJD slight pickup drop after upgrading to 205/55 R16 Pirelli Tyres

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by sriks84, Aug 11, 2015.

1. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

After driving the car for first 30000 KMs with (175/70 R14) tyres, i did plenty oif research in upgrading to good tyres and finally upgraded to 205/55 R16 Pirelli P7 Tyres.

My fexperience dirving the car after 2 weeks of new car installation is given below

1) Slight drop in pickup , especially turbo spools few seconds later
    2) Can feel the pickup drop when AC is on

Apart from these 2 car is doing great

Is this expected , Can you guys please throw some light on these observations
    Thanks
    Srikanth
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015 ---
    Can you also please let me know the right tyre pressure that needs to be maintained for 205/55 R16 tyres.

Thanks
    Srikanth
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi Srikanth.. Tire size can affect pickup , mileage and braking..

Generally thin tyres aid mileage and pickup. And fatter tyres give good grip at speeds.

uploadfromtaptalk1439306918744.png .
    As per your tire choice .. Its a bit oversized for the classic which is 15 HP down . so the power drop is due to tyres. And its quite natural. And is the s same reason that Honda uses 175 spec on their city .

One caution though .. Keep in mind that the braking bite will be less in highways . and I would advice to drive a bit more conservatively.

I did the same to my palio . where I used a tyre from the punto which was 7% larger.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Sujith for your valuable advice :) but the stock Linea emotion tyres comes with the same size of course 15 hp up , now if I tune my vehicle 15 hp up using Wolfmoto guys assistance do I think the problem will be set right ?
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Surely a remap should help to reduce the initial dip in pickup. Go for it only if you cannot adjust to the new curve..

What I had noticed on my Palio was, I was able to hold on to the gear much longer . and it resulted in taller gearing. Which was good for city.. But on the highway I could feel nervous while braking .. The palio anyway has weaker brakes compared to the new gen.

P.s. I am still experimenting on the size for my car .
  5. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hi.Friends .I am Shiv . I have linea classic 1.3 , 75 hp . Car comes with 175/70R14. I changed tyres I upgraded 185/70R14. And now I don't feel any difference. But in top speed car is not going above 160 km / hr