1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. You missed to 90 HP engine with VGT
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    IMO, the real missed point is that the engine is not any smaller but it is the power output that is smaller.:). Just clarifying lest some get confused that the engine CC is lesser. As you mentioned, it is the powertrain really, for the discerning.

Abdul
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramesh,

I do not think Abarth and JEEP are coming. The current economic conditions and ground realities won't permit FIAT to even think about bringing Abarth and JEEP. Even if they bring Abarth and JEEP tell me who is going to service them. We know the existing service setup is still not geared up to handle the existing load (RDC being a case in point which you know well).

The federal tax structure in India has made importing cars very expensive. Moreover Abarth and JEEP have good traction globally. India is the last place where FIAT would put those models when they know there are markets out there that offer better margins and off-takes. Why would they even bother allocating a quota of vehicles to India?

They will continue to sell Linea Classic and regular Linea. I now see them focusing completely on the dealerships, service and crossing the 3000 per month sales figure with the existing line up. Yes : there might be some tweaks here and there but I do not foresee a major launch.

The Linea, when it comes in its next avtaar, has to be with a 1.6 MJD and 1.4 T-Jet by default (T-Jet preferably with a higher power rating). Testing the cars, go through the homologation process, localisation etc is going to be a 6-9 months exercise at least.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I won't be surprised if proven right!
    11 people like this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Variant wise sales trend were told to me by FIAT.

Classic and regular Linea variants are going to co-exist. So question of clearing the inventory does not arise

As I said : I will be happy to be proven wrong :)
    2 people like this.
  6. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    From all replies in this thread, I could understand that most of us are not quite convinced about the pricing of Classic. Here's my thought on the pricing on Classic.

In recent months, Fiat has been able to increase their volumes by luring customers with exchange bonus/loyalty bonus and offering Punto Diesel starting 4.99 Lakh etc.

Moral of the above Statement : There are always a significant pool Indian buyers who make their decisions considering discounts.

So what we could expect from FIAT going forward
    > If they are able to do good business on the new launch without offering discounts, good for them.
    > If new launch is not drawing enough volumes and considering festival season ahead, they will start to offer discounts to see more volumes. They have succeeded already in increasing volume by offering discounts, most likely it will continue to happen in the case of Classic too. May be the Classic is Strategically priced, with good discounts I think they will turn out be competitive and VFM vehicle in this segment.

Lets wish FIAT to taste success with the launch.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No of Posts - 1, did you have a look at all the above things post 2012 fiats?
    1 person likes this.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Amogh for the live updates.

My take about this launch is,
    1- Pricing would have been bit lesser side compared to the specs offered. However, FIAT already told before that they won't compromise with quality in INDIAN market. May be the reason behind the Pricing.
    2- Linea classic+ was not needed at all. They would have placed ABS and other minor but important features in Classic itself. Not getting the target customer for classic+.
    3- If this is targeted for taxi segment in mid tier cities, are they ready with the service and spare parts to sustain the load? I do not think so. If it is only for top cities taxi services, with big boot space and looks it may click for taxi agencies and big hotel cabs.
    4- Now with this lower engine specs, chance of retaining 93 PS engine will be more than to bring 1.6 MJT which is again a drawback.
    5- If the launch of new models get delayed again it is a big risk for dealer to support FIAT. Let's hope for the best that new models will arrive in market soon.

Anyways as a FIAT fan, i can only wish these strategies should be accepted by most Indians.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    We can have the final opinion on the drivetrain after driving this variant. The workshop teams who went for training say that the engine has been retuned and city drivability has been bettered.
    2 people like this.
  10. I liked the all black interiors.

Rajan,
    What about you?
    1 person likes this.