1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    I may sound pessimistic here and I would love to be proved wrong but I don't think this is going to do good for Fiat. To keep normal entry level sedan buyers interested they should have priced it a little lower. It's a tough job but that's it. Unlike earlier now people love to own top end models rather than base ones(at least in kerala). You see more highlines of vw, astas of hyundai, emotions of fiat, and even more zdi or zxis of newer suzukis. If a buyer can get a fully loaded amaze or dzire for the price of a classic they would be inclined to it. More features, power, newness, better service expected and better resale at smaller size. I do agree about the dynamics and build of the linea but for most it doesn't matter. What about cabbies? They too would wait. Unsure service , resale, spares etc being problems. Still the only place where classic can do better would be as a cab. And for the linea, since the new one is very similar to classic, brand image of the car would be worsened and would affect the sales as I don't think the 1.6 is coming. Fiat and me myself seems to be unsure about their strategy. Although I love my linea and fiat I am not too happy about the way Fiat India thinks and would think a lot before investing in a fiat any more unless they have an idea where they are heading to. I have been waiting for the past 10 years to see this brand take off. I have played my role as well to support them by buying palio and linea and making my relatives to go for fiats. But after seeing all this now I feel disappointed.As I said earlier, I want to be proved wrong. Just hoping that Fiat won't loose its charm when competitors such as vw are coming with more powerful products.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Honestly, i find the pricing is very incorrect! People who have recently bought a Linea Active with Rs1L discount, got similar rather more equipment than the Classic +! And they paid less! 7.15Lakhs for old linea active after discounts, and here it's 7.5L. I don't see any logic here! -_-!
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The topend diesel Classic+ will cost around Rs. 9 lac on road which is without Airbags, ABS and other premium features which are available in other cars in that price bracket.

I think they should have priced little lower for diesel variant and i dont think Petrol Linea classic will move out of the showroom when you have powerful Tjet which is apprx 1 lac expensive than Classic.

I hope they extend their 1 Lac discount offer on Linea Classic as well then it will be perfect pricing for the car.
  4. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    With the Classic launch over, now I can only wait for the 'real' launches in early 2014!:evilsmile No more of same engine variants or old interior variants!
    Fiat would want to launch the New Linea 2014 and other models only once it reaches 100 dealerships though:confused:
    1 person likes this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Plenty of interesting discussions going on and everybody has made valid points. Following are the takeaways for me:

• It would be wrong to compare Linea (Active, Dynamic, Emotion) with Linea Classic. Different powertrains so the comparison starts and ends there (forget the features)
    • This time around : FIAT is not playing on features but they are playing on "SIZE". Trade off between loaded (but small) sedan or a less loaded (but full sized) sedan. Some may actually go for the Linea (all said and done it is the best looking sedan out there)
    • They are most definitely targeting the taxi segment. I see this as a positive because what this will mean is bigger engines and better features in the next generation Linea to differentiate from the Classic. Also the taxi segment will L-O-V-E the bigger boot.
    • The Classic+ won't sell. They clearly will focus on 1.4 Classic and 1.3 Classic only. (btw: historically the Active & Dynamic versions have been the best sellers for Punto and Linea).
    • I think FIAT are done with the launches for the next 6-9 months. I don't see anything significant come up anytime soon. Focus will be on sales, after sales. My bet for the next big launch is June-Aug 2014
    5 people like this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are missing the biggest point. The classic has a reduced power output

It is not about the equipment. It is about the Powertrain
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not great to hear this. One year away from the next big launch? You say this only for Fiat or does it include for launches from Jeep and Abarth too?

Also, till the next launch, will Fiat be selling both Linea Classic and the regular Linea (Active/Dynamic/Emotion)?
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT will sell Linea Classic along with regular 93ps Linea.

Personally If I want Linea then I will go for Linea Active 93PS instead of 76ps Linea Classic+ as there will negligible price difference and its worth to pay few more grands for VGT Engine and premium interiors.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    My only take here is pricing could have been better and attractive

Linea 1.4 Classic : 5.99 Lacs : 5.75 Lacs

Linea 1.3 Classic : 6.95 Lacs : Should be 6.75 Lacs This would been launch a price war between the other popular model if Fiat is indeed targeting mass Taxi segment.

Linea 1.3 Classic+ : 7.50 Lacs : 7.25 Lacs Anyway this variant will have very less takers..

Another question is, how much FASS is capable of handling high volume of cars, Hyd is certainly not a place for that sure. If Taxi owners indeed goes for Linea then they will hit the service station more than often than others due to mile crunching.. How will FASS handle this?
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @amogh:

1. Classic Petrol has same power train 1.4 Fire engine, so i think its ok to compare.

2. Not sure the Size will appeal the most, as majority of FIAT buyers especially Non Fiat fans have gone for the car as it was VFM considering the features loaded for given price where from the higher segment.

3. If they are targeting taxi segment, that means they would need to revamp there parts availability and service department, otherwise it will be written off, as taxi cannot stay out of business for weeks. Good news is that if it goes in taxi segment, chances are spare parts availabilty will improve, probably service quality will go TATAish

4. Historically Linea best seller has been Emotion and Emotion pack, thats the reason the active version was taken off. Where as in case of punto active and dynamic where here best sellers.

5. Infact I am expecting next launch very soon, probably as soon as company clears of current versions Active, Dynamic and Emotion version of the self. Thats the whole point of bringing down strip down version current generation car to make a way for new generation car in same range and yet mint from older versions.
    1 person likes this.