1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

Probably with this launch they will slowly wash of the existing batch/stock of Linea and then would bring in bigger better Lineas 2014(NEW).
    So the current model Emotion, dynamic and active would be no more. This will be replaced with 2014 model emotion, dynamic and active.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

How will non FIATians view this launch ?

1st cut views. :

My friend who is with me and doesn't own a fiat product has provided his personal view
    Bigger car with 500 ltr boot +
    lesser engine power minus -
    ABS and EBD optional - security should have been standard , USP lost !
    Build quality / gauge of metal sheet, if they retain with current specs, then a USP
    need fast expansion plans, alliteration 2 cities should have a FIAT tie up service center, why not utilise car nation and Bosch service centers ?
    statewise parts distribution centers, walk up and get the parts.or a promise of 48 hours turn around time with tracking options for customer confidence
    finally, cost should have been similar amaze and dezire if they want to cut thru their share of the market.

We can run a separate poll and provide feedback to FIAT officials so that they can match realistic inputs as against so called market feedback - my personal view not that of TFI
    3 people like this.
  3. I Support this also as customer i would expect FIAT to resolve any issue other than accident in 48 hours? Can our existing FASS do this or willing to do this?
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Neighter one is seeing the intent from the dealers not the intent to go that extra mile nor are they equipped to handle the situation to meet the 48 hours SLA. There are always cases of exceptions, but not all dealers are doing it.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Continuing on the same lines as Cubbie - A colleague passed by and stopped to see what I was looking. Here is the conversation:

Colleague - Hey, what are you looking at FIAT pictures for? I thought you already owned one
    Me - Yes, but they are launching a new model today
    C - Oh. OK. Looking for an upgrade, are you?
    M - No, this is actually a stripped down version of the existing model
    C - So, you are downgrading or what?
    M - No way
    C - So, you are not going to buy this one. So, why are you so keenly following the launch?
    M - Come on man. You know I am big FIAT fan and want them to succeed
    C - So, you are saying, you are not going to buy this, you are saying you want FIAT to succeed. How is that going to happen?
    M - Hmmmmm. Looks like you have a point
    C - Of course I do. How come none of the others who are in the market for a new car aren't looking at this, but you, who has no intention of buying this are so keen?
    M - :confused

The guy is no car noob. He drives a Cedia Sport, which speaks volumes about him :D

PS: I work for an Automotive major, in IT. We do not manufacture or sell cars in India, but being in the industry, my colleague sure knows what he is talking about.
    18 people like this.
  6. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

what about the dimensions??is there any differance in wheel base??or is it just made the boot a little small??
  7. pramod

pramod Timido

Can some one list out differences of existing Linea Emotion with this Linea Classic+.
    I figured out below
    Alloy Wheels
    Air Bags
    Auto AC
    Rain sensing wipers
    Auto Headlights
  8. Hope Linea is upgraded and comes with a remote system for CD/Mp3 player.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    A few more

My car 2 features, Rear AC vents, fog lights, Electric miror adjustments, Driver arm rest, chrome beadings (interior and exterior), chrome door handles, leather seat, blue n me as far as I can recollect at this moment.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Engine. :D

Forget comparing. See the Classic/Classic+ as a separate car.
    1 person likes this.