1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. thank you but i can afford a max of 8L and i want a new fiat..whatever is the discount of 1.7L is on linea Tjet or petrol dynamic
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are considering the Petrol Linea version, I would recommend to go for regular Linea Dynamic instead of Linea Classic. There are no mechanical changes when it comes to Petrol Linea Classic version.

Based on current discount on Linea Dynamic Petrol, it will in same price bracket of Linea Classic. Regular Linea is smart package as against Classic. Hope this helps!
    1 person likes this.
  3. thank you i'm living in vizag and i don't think we have fiat showroom here... any body pls suggest me ho to own a fiat

- - - Merged Post - - -

i will be buying a linea dynamic
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Second that theory and practical too..!

The whole classic thing is a waste. Sorry no offense to any present or future classic owners.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    There are no classic owners atleast to my knowledge so far :(.Either a regular Linea or regular Punto should be good.I hope there will not be Punto Classic in the future.
  6. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have recently bought a linea classic plus 1.3 mjd HHB and The Kerb Weight of Linea Classic PLus is exactly the same as normal linea 1210 Kg absolutely no difference .
    1 person likes this.
  7. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I was told the same by a SA regarding the weight of Classic and Old model. How do you find the power ? is 75 hp adequate to pull a car with same weight on which even a 90 hp motor used to look under powered.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Iluvpunto- I have driven Linea 1.3 Classic 75hp. I can assure you that the performance of 75hp Linea is better than Linea 90hp in the city. sriks being an owner, can make better comments for sure.

The difference between 75hp and 90HP engine is the top speed or high speed capabilities. 75hp engine feels very comfortable upto 120-140kmph and has a top speed of 160-165kmph whereas 90HP engine feels comfortable upto 150-160kmph and has a top speed of around 180kmph. Ofcourse these high speeds are neither legal nor safe for our Indian roads.
    3 people like this.
  9. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi i have already knocked 1000 odd KMS in my first month and the car is very very comfortable to drive in city traffic. Classic has R14 tyre and it has an awsome turning radius . Regarding power, apart from the slide turbo lag that any diesel car has, I have not been able to find any drop in power while driving the car in city. On highways car rocks..

im not sure how fiat engineers have achieved this but there is no ways on earth this car is underpowered than your normal linea,its just those few seconds until u cross 2000 rpm and the car roars on road.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Having already placed my views on Classic launch, I still wonder what goes in the head of FIAT India.
    They are still to find what emotion they want to sell to India. The kind of niche FIAT enjoys they should work upon to get the image of built of rock solid high performance car with best driving comforts. We are a young country, bajaj moved the chain from 100cc to 150cc in 2000 when they were the worst performing with decline of scotters market and people thought India is not ready for it and see today Bajaj Pulsar is most cherished bike brands in India.

How did they failed to realize from there own learning and experiences, Linea Active doomed, and people lined up for emotion and emotion pk cars. Why? Cars in India is a luxury item, people want all the bells and whistles at lowest price and not a trimmed down naked cars. Clear cases of rejections are seen in market be it Etios or Nano. People want features, safety, comfort and in a good economical package. 1990's was the time when basic cars where bought over the fully loaded ones. People are now more smarter, more learned and they have moved up in value chain, features like Airbag, EBS, EBD which was just addons for luxury and now very much necessity along with other gizmos that help. Associate the pride in ownership with fun to own factor to reach a win win situation.
    2 people like this.