1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had been to Times Auto Show in BengaLooru yesterday and noticed that there was a stall from Fiat with a Punto and a Linea on display.
    Though I was least interested in this stall, I just went to check the Linea on my friend insisting and noticed that it was the new Linea Classic.

But, Fiat continues to disappoint again. The vehicle which was on display had multiple issues like:

1. The gear shift to the 1st one was almost impossible. I checked this after I heard a couple cribbing about something on Fiat's clutch.
    I could not completely understand what they were speaking since they were speaking in MalayaaLam and I do not understand it.
    2. The boot door refused to close!
    3. The interiors seemed to be just polished and had still not dried!!!

These are definitely minor issues.
    However, this is definitely not an impression that people should get on a display vehicle, at the least!!! Way to go . . . Fiat.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Regarding first gear not engaging, can you let me know a few things:

1. Was the engine running?
    2. If the engine was not running, which I believe is the case, did you press the clutch in to engage the gear or did you straightaway try to slot it into first without pressing the clutch pedal?

The Linea boot not closing is experienced by most non-Linea owners. All of them have one thing to say - "Bahut zor lagta hai" (Translation - It takes a lot of effort ) . Same goes with the doors.

I'm not saying the car may not have any issues. But just trying to put everything in context.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All it takes is a firm push and not a slam. To everyone that has this complaint, please learn how to do it properly and you will be amazed at how much effort it actually takes. Don't believe me? Watch for yourself.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  4. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nope, the engine was not running.
    Yes, we did press the clutch while shifting the gears. The others gears were just fine. The problem was with the 1st gear alone.
    I know how Fiat doors require a firm push to close and I did try that with the boot also. It however refused to close. It was not just one try, it was 2 people who tried 2-3 times before we came to this inference.
  5. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I wouldn't attribute 1st gear issue to Fiat's carelessness, there could be n number of reasons like a bit of rough handling from earlier visitors, and moreover it is not advisable to keep slotting gears when the engine is not running.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    In general there is negative feeling towards Fiat but I think it will go away once Fiat sets up its new house.The new FASS in Bombay is the example, I went there for a small issue and it was resolved promptly even though there was rush.
  7. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    i think fiat should launch siena instead stripping down linea....it will also increase no of models in there house
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The lack of models is what the first perception any body would get while looking at the FIAT stall at Auto Expo. Sad!
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Anyone got a shot at TD'ing the classic thoroughly?

I tried booking a TD at Chandigarh or even Patiala, as my friend is in the market for such a sedan, but TD cars have not yet reached either of the two cities. :roll:
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yes the lack of new models is what the first perception which people are viewing at The Fiat stall in Auto Expo,but what to do this is Fiat,they are very late in bringing latest models to India.This whole 2013 year is just concentrated on starting dealerships,they could have bought Punto Evo,Linea Facelift with 1.6 & a compact suv this year only which they wont do.