1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Lemme elaborate, that should clarify a bit here.

Linea Classic+ Scene:
    Drove it from washing station till the gate. So its hardly few meters and i just reached 3rd and came back to 1st: stop. So i really cant say it was a drive, but with that very short distance ride, i could feel that the clutch release and pressing and gear shift is smooth as compared to my GP or Linea or GP standing for display. I did same experiment when Classic+ was standing still getting cleaned and engine off and key out. Same feeling. My friend as well confirms the same.

None knows about the exact pricing of Classic variants @Vecto as of today. No official communications from FIAT. A waiting period of 15days is present as told by SE.

@Krishna,
    Nope, he has taken the quote. He might decide in a day or 2.

Linea Emotion Scene:
    Hosur Road from EC signal to Central jail signal was almost empty around 3pm. That was our stretch to test or TD it. Both of us drove it at 2k+ RPM reaching 100 in this distance though for a short but we somehow managed.
    The lag i said or the turbo kick lacking what i said is purely based on my GP kick i get. Though i constantly kept checking the RPM meter, the needle was in 2.5k+ but still the car was not as speeding as i wished it did. My friend said the same thing too. Ofcourse i can not compare with GP here coz of the weight ratio still i wished with 3 seating in, the second gear lag is pretty much. Slotted to second gear in 20, floored the A peddle. Took alot while to speed up to my comfort and get going for 3rd. Not sure if the kick is very mild in Linea. Just my feeling. But as said, its not bad either. Just that i wish for more power :p So hungry for 1.6 Linea or 110BHP existing linea would help i guess.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A proper TD is sorely needed. FIAT repeatedly stressed on the "optimised for city conditions" for the Linea Classic and I believe it will be so. The Punto 76hp is a joy to drive and Classic won't be far off.

Tried to book TD but no car in Chandigarh or Patiala for atleast a week. The cars are still in transit. That calls for an #epicfail on the part of FIAT management. :(

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Wow, great to see its already 16 pages log in after 2 days. First, Thanks to Yashik Bhai & Gurjinder Paaji for providing us this updates, and live commentry from Amogh, Ravi & Mod team.

We are eagarly waiting for the outcome after 1-2 months. Many people may disagree with me , but I can't digest 14 inch wheel with 185 GC :( honestly.

I am confused which photo I should like ;). All are in the category of 1000+ Like. So 1000+ like for all photos.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    Although not a big step up, but an upgrade to 185 70 14 tires is the bare minimum upgrade for this car. This gets the tire size comfortably wide enough and the overall tire size similar to the 15" combo of the Linea Dynamic.

Cheers.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Re: Linea Classic Launched

If I were to buy the Linea classic, the first thing I would do is to get the 15" steel rims with Linea Active wheel caps and get 195/60 or 65 tyres. If I could plonk in some extra.money then would go for a nice set of 16" alloys and 205 rubber. Can get some chrome mouldings/handles, fog lamps, decent speakers etc., in installments.
  6. drnpunto

drnpunto

MK-Ludhiana
    Not offensively, instead saying it as a carried legacy, The wheelcap design of Linea Classic+ reminds to that of wheelcaps once Premier Padmini once had in 90s.
    Might be a lucky for FIAT.
    This Linea has got everything right ingredient now, atleast what an entry level sedan buyer or a touring business man wants i.e a huge bang for his money.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    this wheelcap has been there on punto active since the time punto was launched in India!! seems you didn't notice.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Fiat did the same with palio in bringing in a palio stile 1.1 at a reduced price and then what happened?
    Imho, instead of this futile exercise Fiat could have reduced the price of the existing models just like fieasta because in any case Linea is a 5 year old model and that is too long in the life history of any car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear Bala, this is India, i think you forgot legendry Ambassador, Maruti 800, Tata indica and others they are here from more than 15yrs, so compartively its a very young car in indian market :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    :confused

That is almost what FIAT has done. In another 6 months or more, there will only be Linea Classic and refreshed Linea. Nothing in between. More than one factors have led to the delay in the launch of the new Linea and that shouldn't stop FIAT from launching the classic in the meantime and try to get more sales - which is what they did.
    1 person likes this.