1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    They scaled-up the tyres to fill the wheel wells. :hit
    1 person likes this.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    That picture must have been with sandbags inside!! Wheel well seems perfect.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just back from Vecto. They have displayed Classic+ (black) now. It looks sexy though.

Got the oppurtunity to drive it for small distance with in the premisis :D, the feel i got so far is: drive is peppy and gear shift has been smoothened. Its not rubbery as in our GP or Linea. Even the clutch pressed is not has stiff as in my punto or linea or GP avail at the showroom. Did compare as well among the display models regarding smoothness of clutch and gear shift.

Few pics on this regard...

IMAG0194.jpg IMAG0191.jpg IMAG0192.jpg IMAG0193.jpg

Also we happen to take a TD of Linea emotion diesel. Nothing much to say on this regards or noting new to say except that it crawls in second gear or in 3rd. I did not feel the Turbo kicking in as like in GP, but may be coz of the body weight being high. FIAT could have tuned the engine to 110BHP atleast if possible.

P.S: Mods, sorry if its OT here. Feel free to move it to appropriate thread.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Linea Classic Launched

75HP has always been peppier than the 90HP. Correct comparison would be to compare it with a Punto 75HP, to feel if there is any improvement at all in driveability or gear ratios.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Zen, Linea has VGT as compared to Punto 75HP's FGT, hence you will not feel the turbo kick, instead you can sense a reformed Turbo Pull well spread across a wide range of rpm.

On the crawling part - well I disagree with you.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I certainly believe that the turbo lag in the classic would have been worked upon keeping in mind the weight it would lug around. However all this driveability will have an impact on the top speed performance. Anyways the target market is anyways not going to do 140+ speeds very often. They will be keen on mileage and the good driveability in the traffic would make it easy on the pocket.

@Zen, where and how far did you drive it? Did your friend book the classic?
    2 people like this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    75HP is peppier than 90HP in city at slow speeds.ya we should compare it with a Punto 75HP to know the difference & improvements made by Fiat.I heard that this car is tuned a lot for city drivability & should check whether Fiat has given short or long gear ratios.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Linea Classic Launched

Come on, you really think anyone would get a chance to experience a turbo kick within the premises of a dealership where you can just crawl in 1st gear?

A proper TD would tell the story. People who are used to the 90HP s turbo will think if the 75HP is NA. Such is the difference in feel. It is mild. But make no mistake, the 75HP gathers speed much faster till 60-80ish speeds, which should be enough for city cabs, that is what they need.
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In fact in one of posts updated by the mods during the launch have mentioned these points about the engine being tuned better. What you mentioned perfectly makes sense as it would not be viable for the cabs to be plying around 140+ even on open roads. What matters to the cabbies is the drive up to 80 kmph which the 75 hp one would be very much capable of and in return good economy figures.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore

Zen had mentioned that he took a TD of Linea Emotion, when it is TD I would always think its well outside the premises of dealership for atleast couple of Kms:)

Yes, 75 HP would do fine for city and I think when we get to drive we can appreciate the tune more.