1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Linea Classic Launched

Few months back we use to hear that Punto will be launched with Linea interiors but now it's reversed:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Instead fiat should have launch panda competing with alto,i10.

Fiat doesn't need enemy from outside.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I made this GIF of Vilas Naik at work yesterday at the Classic Launch event.

In keeping with the theme of the event, Naik expressed the desire of not settling for less through the creative medium. To set the stage for this , he first completed the four individual frames which were almost completely painted beforehand and he put the finishing touches on it.

1. The top left frame was a ring and the audio played along it said "Why settle for a diamond when you can have a solitaire?" (Their words)
    2. The top right frame showed a house and Naik painted a pool in front of it , again stressing the "not settle for less" theme.
    3. The bottom left frame had a guy watching a LCD TV. Naik painted a huge theatre screen on it, again on the same theme - don't settle for less.
    4. The bottom right frame is a person's success graph sort of, with the same intended meaning.

Picture 094.jpg

Afterwards, he first painted a hatch and later, not being satisfied with just a hatch and keeping with the theme, created the Linea out of it.

Ummm....just a hatch? No, I want more.
    Picture 106.jpg

Here's what i want and I wont settle for less !
    Picture 128.jpg

This is the combined GIF file of all the images. It is 20mb so it might take a while to load. Be patient ;)

D0br45.gif
    10 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice Guri, the moving GIF image is excellent.
    1 person likes this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    If you dont mind, post the face of Vikas. Like to see the creative guy's face.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    52210-linea-classic-launched-picture-188.jpg

For anybody complaining about Classic being overpriced , you can probably rent out the space in those wheel wells on weekends and stuff and make a killing :D . I'm sure a small coffee shop or a small condo would fit in there nicely. Maybe the front for commercial and the rear for residential purposes :D
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    " Time for next big move -- foray into entry segment

I didnt find any one discussing about the above statement of Nagesh Basavanahalli. I feel that the next big launch will be a small car. If it is not a small car, then what does entry segment mean? It the first hint that we have heard. The dealers will not keep quiet if they dont have much to sell, and they would also like to have products that are easier to sell too and they need volume as much as the Fiats plant need. Even though Fiat has not mentioned any thing about new offerings other than New Linea and Punto refresh in their road map, I strongly feel that they have hidden this one. There is something going to surprise us for sure. Your thoughts.

Abdul
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Abdul,

The Linea Classic IS the "next big move" and it was mentioned at the launch event. The "previous" big move was the TATA-FIAT divorce, if you can call it that.

Cheers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: Linea Classic Launched

Panda is priced similar to Punto in UK, they can never sell it that price. It's criminal to ask so :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For those who are interested : the "official" image sent by FIAT

FIAT LINEA CLASSIC Ad1.jpg
    7 people like this.