1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Linea Classic Launched

I am trying to download the brochure from website. It's not there.

When these guys will learn from the mistakes.

FIAT: Fix It Again Tony !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Mayur Kasale

Mayur Kasale

Well said. Now FIAT can change this wrong perception.
    1 person likes this.
  4. rajks

rajks Amatore

In one of the threads we were discussing about the thinner Crash Bars in Lineas/Puntos compared to older versions, and one of the inference was it would have been done to cut cost.

Could there be anything on these lines in Classic to bring down cost?
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This is what I would call standing out in a crowd. Shot with my crappy mobile cam from our 6th floor cafeteria. Those of you who cannot spot my Linea, raise your hands

Wonder why FIAT cannot use TFIan's ideas for their advertisement campaigns? I have seen a lot of creative pictures in our forum, which are way better than the pictures used in FIAT promos. I have seen awesome advertisements of FIAT internationally. Wonder when FIAT will stop treating India like a country of retards and start taking us seriously.

6 people like this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea at the time of launch was longer than the then Jetta, Corolla Altis, Octavia, Civic etc. FIAT never highlighted this feature.

So, "Linea classic" is effectively longer than cars of 2 segments above.

Jetta Vs Linea | Indian Cars | Car Forums - CarWale

- - - Merged Post - - -

No, not just cost but could be a measure to reduce body weight. A lot of people were talking about lesser performance and lower power to weight ratio so FIAT did made them lose a bit of weight.

Well, lets wait for the kerb weight figures to come out and compare it with 2013 Linea Active. Weight reduction (if done) could have been achieved by other measures too like removing seat back metal, giving an engine guard with plastic and metal combo etc. which have already been spotted.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Well, it was some day today ;)

On we went on the NH1 to be a part of FIAT's first ever foray into the "C-low" segment or the entry level "sedan" segment, which is currently ruled by pseudo-sedans.
    Picture 010.jpg

Arrived at the Caffe well before time and saw this striking ER Punto Sport greeting us
    Picture 023.jpg

It had Goodyear Duraplus tyres fitted. Not sure if that's the standard tyre now?
    Picture 032.jpg

In we went and the last minute preparations were being done
    Picture 034.jpg

Some general views of the Caffe and the brunch set out for everyone. It was GOOD.
    Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg

The covered pièce de résistance, awaiting the right moment
    Picture 058.jpg

And, being revealed, rather surprisingly, by the stunningly talented Vilas Naik.
    Picture 130.jpg

Mr. Nagesh presented the product with a simple message - Why settle for less? Get a REAL sedan.
    Picture 137.jpg

Some random shots
    Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 183.jpg
    Picture 166.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg

Was expecting 185-70-14's rather than 175-70-14 tires.
    Picture 188.jpg

On to the interior
    Picture 181.jpg
    Picture 158.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 160.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 179.jpg
    Picture 186.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg

Yashik with the impromptu painting by Vilas Naik
    Picture 189.jpg

And, oh, remember that shutterbug teaser ......

That's all folks. Will discuss it tomorrow. :)
    14 people like this.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I have got a feed back from a person who had an oppurtunity to have a first hand experience of Linea Classic. Though it was basically a city drive, he has shared valuable information, which IMO would clear few misconceptions.

Consider this as a teaser of the full movie, to be showcased this weekend. ;)

In his own words, the following are his observations
    • The driveability is better at slow speeds of city (says better than Punto 75HP, but I will have to drive it to belive it)
    • But, is for sure definitely better than the Regular Linea with VGT
    • Full turbo boost is felt around 2000 rpm
    • Almost no dead spot between 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm
    • Engine seems more quiet both inside the cabin and much refined from outside compared to the current Fiat MJDs
    • The classic + gets the my car and auto lock features, but not desmodronic foldable key
    • AC is very effective
    • Plush ride with the 70 profiles, the 185/70 section would only make it better.
    • Tyres look puny on the vehicle
    4 people like this.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Awsome pics Paji.I loved pics of striking ER Punto Sport standing outside Caffe & also loved pics of Classy Linea Classic launched.Thanx once again for posting these many pics.Kudos to you both MOD's.:cool:
  10. mayank

mayank Amatore

Don't know why, But there is something that is making me feel good and a bit sad at the same time about this launch. :confused1