1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Fiat's MultiJet is nowhere behind. And so are the underpinnings and mechanicals. One thought haunts me though. If this taxi thing picks up, the FASSs are going to be a mess. :(
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Thats the first thing came to my mind when i heard FIAT targetting taxi mindset. The FASS going to be a mess plus overloaded and the mindset of the mechanics there changes just like the TATA SC and our cars also gets the same treatment as cabs do :(
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding Q&A, we asked a few questions:

01. We asked about the kerb weight as the same wasn't mentioned in the brochure. FIAT officials told us that they will make the info available. The bonnet was just as heavy as inn any regular Linea.

02. Regarding ABARTH, FIAT officials told that they were interested during December 2012 or so to consider bringing it here but the current budget sessions has made sure that the plans are put to rest as of now.

03. Top priority is to improve the service quality and provide customers with more dealerships and service center.

04. No new launch or engine/powertrain likely to be brought in this year.

Here are the first set of photos

The Italian Job (2013)

The best car at the venue was this Exotica Red Punto 90HP

Linea T-JET

This forum needs more photos of our shy mod Gurjinder

Two Mahindra guys came in this vehicle and were present at the launch

Mr. Nagesh and his team took all the questions with lots of interest

Mr. Nagesh posing for the photographers

Hans Zimmer #17- Now We Are Free (And tired). :D:p
    Thats me and Gurjinder in a Metro at Delhi. I saw Sat-Chit asking for a photo of the members attending the launch event.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    16 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Second set of photos:

Gurjinder has clicked lots of photos of both interiors as well as exteriors of the Classic plus variant that was on display. He will be uploading better photos.

I was busy with the Q&A session as I wanted to ask a few questions for our members. When I finally went to click photos, there was heavy rush around the car and all were in a hurry to click photos and videos. Here a few photos clicked in a hurry.

A few points:
    - Boot has electric release.
    - Linea Classic seems a decent trade off of a few features in lieu of a full sedan sized car. Forget being longest in the segment. Linea is longer than a few cars from 1 segment above. A sub 4 meter car is by no means a sedan. I don't know from where did this concept arose.

No Armrest or rear AC vents at knee level

Rear door panel. Seems as good as regular Linea

Front door showing internally adjustable ORVMs and there is no chrome inserts anywhere

Fully loaded MID of Emotion variant with chrome inserts unlike the Active variant of previously available regular Linea.
    EDIT- I meant that the Linea Classic+ is equipped with full function MID with larger display as seen in Emotion variants of regular Linea in contrast to the discontinued 2012 active variant Linea with which this Linea classic is being compared with.

Center console

Rear armrest lacks storage or cup holders

I wanted to open boot and pulled this lever. Got to know that I opened the fuel lid. I wasn't expecting electric boot release. It needs to be seen whether electric boot release button will be made available on the key. (I do not think so)

Boot lid is bare inside. Cost cutting had to be done somewhere to make a Jetta competitor internationally to be made available in the category of Amaze and Dzire.

Rear seat back does not have metal (See pic below of a Punto/regular Linea)

Here is a pic of my Punto's rear seat. Notice that the back rest has a metal plate.
    13 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Thanks guys for the reports and pictures. Awesome :clap

Could you please comment on the interior plastic quality and finish, as compared to the present Linea? In some of the pictures, it looks nice and in some others really cheap. How does it feel in person?

6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Thanks a lot for those PICS.

Are you referring to classic+ variant?
    Any questions asked on 1.6D?

7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kudos to all mods for being "Doordarshan" and letting us witness all this.

Fiat wish you all the luck,good yaar,chalo shuruaat toh hui.
  8. rajks

rajks Amatore

Well said, +100 :)
    2 people like this.
  9. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Varun.

The plastic quality on the doors and dashboard is just as good as regular Linea. But the looks of the plastic at a few places seems a bit below than regular Linea. It could be because of the different color used.

Yes. The Classic+ variant has full MID that is seen in Emotion variant (from the looks and design) unlike the discontinued 2012 Active variant with which the Linea classic is being compared with.
    EDIT- Yes we asked about 1.6MJD. FIAT is not in a mood to disclose this early and FIAT also said that a majority of the customers here are simply more inclined towards getting good fuel economy and lower cost of maintenance etc which is their priority as of now. FIAT has told us that there won't be a 1.6MJD at least this year.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mayur Kasale

Mayur Kasale

It means website is not fully updated with the latest features for Linea Classic