1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Classic/Classic +, PUNTO Active/Dynamic - 14" OEM RIMS (5 Nos) + WHEEL COVERS (4 Nos) for FREE

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by kumpr03, Jan 26, 2016.

1. kumpr03

kumpr03 Timido

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hello Arjunbhargava. I don't remember the exact cost of 15" rims & wheel covers now, as I changed to them way back in May-2014. But I remember paying around INR 1000 per RIM and INR 100-200 or maybe 300 per wheel cover. If I find the invoice, I'll post it here.

Below is current pricing from 99rpm for 15" steel wheels.
    FIAT Linea 15 Steel Wheel Rim.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2016 ---
    Hello FIATians,
    I'm very happy to share that I found a taker in one Mr. Sandeep from Nellore (A.P.) currently in Pune having a Palio S10. 3 of his Alloy Wheels are quite bent it seems and I'm glad we connected just in time. His friend in Chennai will pick up the Rims & Covers and ship it to Pune.

I'd also like to thank our TFI member Mr. "KedarBendre" who informed Mr. Sandeep about this post.

Thanks again, one & all.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Great...
    kumpr03 likes this.
  3. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    hi @kumpr03 , i own Linea classic Fire. i find 14in wheels too smaller for the car and the car thuds on the uneven and broken roads a lot. every times i cry for the same as for the pliant FIAT ride is not which i experience on such roads. how is the ride quality in your 15in wheels ?
    what are the pro/cons for linea classic owners to switch to the Linea OEM 16in alloy wheels ?
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I will take the wheel caps if you oblige..

Please confirm
  5. kumpr03

kumpr03 Timido

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hello Mr PuntoSat. I had checked with Mr. Sandeep who contacted me first for the wheels. He mentioned that he requires the wheel covers also when I checked for Mr. Balu Chandra S. I'm sorry for the disappointment. I really wish you get them from someone else on TFI.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @kumpr03 always happy to help a FIATian. ;)

We inspected Sandeep's Palio S10 at Pandit Auto, Pune and noticed that 3 alloys of his Palio were damaged/bent badly and affected the tyres as well.

So I recommended him to change the tyres and rims too. While this suggestion I had saw this thread on TapaTalk and shared all the details to him.
    kumpr03 likes this.
  7. kumpr03

kumpr03 Timido

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hello Mr. AmeyKhedekar,
    Yes I agree with you that 14" wheels are quite smaller for the car as the same car (Non-Classic Editions) comes with 15" & 16" wheels for Active, Dynamic & Emotion respectively, for the same "WHEEL WELL" area. Added to that, FIAT increased the ground clearance by 20mm (somewhere in suspension setup I reckon) from 165mm to 185mm. This makes it look even more odd with 14" wheels. So I had to switch to 15" rims as they look much better. I couldn't afford 16" alloys back then, else that's what I always longed for.

RIDE QUALITY ON 15" WHEELS...
    I switched to 15" rims within 100 kms or taking delivery of the vehicle. So I haven't had enough drive feel with 14" rims. I can say that the ride is satisfactory, but the car still thuds a bit as per my perception (neither too happy nor unhappy). Maybe the drive 16" wheels would've been better with less thud effect, but I can't say for sure. Unless one drives the LINEA with 14", 15", 16" wheels with the same rubber and the same PSI (with nitrogen), we can't arrive at a very precise feedback. The only reason I say "satisfactory" is that LINEA CLASSIC PLUS is my very first FIAT car and I switched over from two FORD Ikon's and 1 Hyundai Santro and FIAT LINEA's suspension setup is a tad bit softer than FORD, (where the shock is well absorbed with less vertical movement by the FORD suspension and the shock is hardly felt or reaches the base of the seat frame) and I was very happy back then. I switched over to FIAT only for safety and also for the very well engineered power train with a 12 month service interval (which I believe no other brand offers and that ensures quality parts as well). But again, the increase of 20mm ground clearance in FIAT could be the reason for more vertical movement now and the shock is slightly felt till the base of my seat frame, for which I say satisfactory. Secondly, Rubber also plays a CRUCIAL role. I'm not sure what rubber you use for 14" wheels, but after extensive research, I switched to MICHELIN PRIMACY 3 ST for my 15" rims as it has better grip and slightly softer sidewall and better wet weather grip. My previous FORD Ikon had MICHELIN ENERGY XM1 with slightly less grip and harder sidewall with less wet weather grip. Still I liked the shock absorption by FORD with a harder sidewall (my perception). But I don't regret that much with FIAT as I benefit on a lot many aspects over FORD. I drove from Chennai to Nagercoil with 15" wheels and I loved the FIAT LINEA ride a lot more than FORD Ikon. PRIMACY 3 ST was ridiculously grippy on both wet & dry conditions. Wish Classic series had 90hp power train retained. I could talk more about that drive, but I better stop here for now. So it may not be just the 14" wheels or 15" wheels that matter for that PLIANT RIDE you are longing for, it could also be the rubber that could be the icing on the cake, for that PLIANT ride.

PRO/CONS FOR LINEA CLASSIC OWNERS TO SWITCH TO THE LINEA OEM 16" OVER 14" WHEELS...

PRO's of 16" Wheels:
    1) THUD: (In layman's language as I'm not sure of the technical wording), the magnitude of the THUD should be slightly less than 14" wheels
    2) TYRE SIDEWALL: This will decrease a lot in 16" tyres compared to 14" tyres as the wheel well area is the same much to my knowledge, and it will greatly help with reducing BODY ROLL.
    3) UNDERSTEER: Again, due to less sidewall than 14" tyres, UNDERSTEER is eliminated.
    4) LOOK: Looks better with 16" wheels as the wheel well area covered better with less gap.

CON's of 16" Wheels:
    1) COST: I reckon it comes to 25k for 5 OEM alloys.

FYI - I'm not a professional and my knowledge on car dynamics is limited but roaring to learn with the FIAT brand. I have written the above from my driving experience and the little research when I bought 15" tyres. Should a FIATian find anything of the above technically incorrect, please excuse. Thank you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2016 ---
    Hi Kedar Bendre,
    Yes, thanks to you. I spoke with Sandeep yesterday morning who had just been back from the FIAT meet in Karnataka. Sad to hear that a Innova bumped into his PALIO S10 in Pune when he started for the FIAT meet. Thank God, he's safe, nothing happened to him and he was back on track with the FIAT meet and back home safe. Unfortunately his bumpers are damaged it seems. But he's fine and that's more important.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    thank you very much @kumpr03 for your detailed information.
    Linea classic is my first car. i had almost booked the VW Polo but fell for the Punto the moment i entered the Torrid showroom . for the same reason i chose Fiat my first car, for its built like a tank quality. the quality you can feel louder closing of doors from a Fiat feels more stronger than an Asian SUV.even the Fiats metal body doesnt bend when we lean on the car, unlike other cars.
    i come home from work by my company cab, which are Maruti and Tata both midsizer sedans and hatchback with the Fiat MJD engine, even those cars come with 14incher steel wheels as same 14inch wheels of my car, the ride in the cabs feel more stable then my Linea classic, which really pinches me. my cars tires are stock Apollo.
    the sales guy at the showroom told me, i cant change the 14inch wheels to 15in or 16in as this will hamper ride quality and braking power. i dont know how true is this so i am constantly asking anyone who has upgraded their wheels. i am not happy when my car thuds on bad roads, for i have chosen Fiat for their built quality and pliant ride. but anyhow, i really love my Fiat. its real piece of marvelous engineering
    :happy::shame::):woot:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2016 ---
    thank you very much @kumpr03 for your detailed information.
    Linea classic is my first car. i had almost booked the VW Polo but fell for the Punto the moment i entered the Torrid showroom . for the same reason i chose Fiat my first car, for its built like a tank quality. the quality you can feel louder closing of doors from a Fiat feels more stronger than any Asian SUV.even the Fiats metal body doesnt bend when we lean on the car, unlike other cars.
    i come home from work by my company cab, which are Maruti and Tata both midsizer sedans and hatchback with the Fiat MJD engine, even those cars come with 14incher steel wheels as same 14inch wheels of my car, the ride in the cabs feel more stable then my Linea classic, which really pinches me. my cars tires are stock Apollo.
    the sales guy at the showroom told me, i cant change the 14inch wheels to 15in or 16in as this will hamper ride quality and braking power. i dont know how true is this so i am constantly asking anyone who has upgraded their wheels. i am not happy when my car thuds on bad roads, for i have chosen Fiat for their built quality and pliant ride. but anyhow, i really love my Fiat. its real piece of marvelous engineering
    :happy::shame::):woot:
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Linea Emotion variant comes with 16" alloys with 205 section tyres.

Linea Dynamic variants availalble with 15" alloys with 195 section tyres.

Linea Active variant available with 15" steel rims with 195 section tyres.

All this comes from factory and does affect braking or ride comfort. With upsize I am sure you will get more plush ride and better handling.

@AmeyKhedekar go for Momo Revenge alloys which are available in 98PCD at Saimagwheels.com.
    AmeyKhedekar and manjunathkl like this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That's a good gesture my friend.

Just curious to know why didn't you exchange the steel rims with the alloys? Was there not any such option with the alloy seller? Whcih alloys did you buy?? What about your present spare tyre? Is it still 14" steel rim or 15" alloy?