1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea-changing the duration of Media filename display on dashboard?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by acechip, Dec 17, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi, does anyone know a quick way of changing the duration for which the media filename being played on USB can be reduced ? Sometimes, when I have to make some other settings on the Menu, the duration for which the media file name is displayed is rather long~ 10 seconds or so..Is there an option to reduce this to like 2-3 seconds ? I didnt find anything in the manual atleast.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As far as I have experimented with the settings, you can not alter the duration for which the media file name is being displayed. Sometimes it feels too problematic to have the song name displayed when you are trying to see some other data such as trip details on MID.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I think u can use the exit/menu button (the one under the steering) to stop the name display.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No @vj_v1 you cannot do that.
    The exit button only works when you are in some Menu.
    @acechip you cannot alter the Media track time display. It is a bit annoying and so I guess that is why the New Linea/Evo has it on HU now and not on the MDI.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I mean it does not stop the display permanently, but when the file name is being displayed and you want it to go away, i think you can hit the Menu/return button and it will go away immediately allowing you to check the trip meter or whatever later.

When door open messages etc are being displayed, you can definitely hit the return button for the message to go away but i am not sure if the name of the media file as well will go away.

VJ
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No it does not, you can hit a ESC button on Warnings/Errors but will not work when you have a file name/pause displayed on the Dash.
  7. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I dont think it's a major glitch or something that needs to be worried about. As per the Manual, there are no changes that can be done....
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Is this information correct? If it can be done on the Evo, then it can definitely done on Punto/Linea too IMO.

@acechip Seriously is 10 secs too long? I am of the opinion that 10 secs is sufficient time enough to read the file name.