1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea BNW - Rusting in Boot

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gautamsatpute, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Looks like my honeymoon period is over. Just this weekend when I was cleaning my car I spotted rust spots on the edge of the boot:cry:

Have already mailed Mangesh and he has been kind enough to direct me to the responsible Tata guys (this is one of the failings of Fiat). I have received a mail from Mr.Rajendra Desai of Tata Motors that this would be attended on priority. I am waiting for the call now.

I have owned a Fiat Palio for over 5 years and clocked 80 K and never ever faced such a problem. I miss my Palio....

Another issue which has cropped up is hissing sound from AC. I have read on forums that this could be due to gas leakage (the cooling has definitely reduced), so I guess this must be the case.

I suggest all BNW owners to check their cars thoroughly as this problem has been observed only on this color.

IMG00221-20110801-1447.jpg

IMG00226-20110801-1449.jpg

IMG00222-20110801-1447.jpg
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this is shit from fiat. they are still not taking their customers seriously. they will never gain peoples confidence if they provide such quality. there are niggling issues with each and every car. not even a single fiat car is without any problem. no wonder it sells 1000 units a month. fiat deserves it.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    very unfortunate and totally robbing peace of mind.
    gautamsatpute ,feeling sorry for your ride .
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gautam

Claim warranty my frend.Get a full boot replacement or tell them to re-paint it according to the factory standards.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    mine is also bnw.what if i notice the rust just after the warranty period is over? wha kind of manufacturing is fiat carrying out? i am seeing 20 year old maruthi cars with out a hint of rusting or wear out . why new generation cars are like this.
    and what about the time consumed for re-treatment , i am sure it will take weeks how is it going to be compensated??
  6. Sorry for you car. Remove the boot beadings and check for rust. Mine is a BNW Punto. I am also facing rust problems. I have already given my car for rust treatments. Now I noticed that still there are rust under the beadings. I feel it is better to check the whole car for rust and go for treatment in one shot, as it will take two or three weeks to treat the car at TASS.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @jayadev

I understand ur plight buddy.Sh*t happens bro.Mabbe the paint quality was poor.Even my concern is the rust after the warranty period.FIAT needs to rethink its painting work all over again.
  8. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Really bad of FIAT. I reckon FIAT is competing with TATA quality!
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    how old is you car?

@ Tjet- you wont see tata cars rusting as fiats, TATA has one of the best paint shops in the world. Mercedes still get some of the cars painted in tata paint shop.

even the fiat paint shop is one of the best. but certain lots have this rusting problem due to BIW treatment and subsequent coats not done properly.

with a fear of rust i polish my car almost 2 times a month :)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  10. @Italia-Linea
    My car is about 8 months old. Currently the rusting is only along joint lines and the edge. I will check under the beading as well.