1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Alloys from Kava Motors (mumbai) at Rs. 6000/- per unit

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by arian, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    KAVA has most of the stocks from accident vehicles. Alloys mostly are refurbished.
    Beware and check thoroughly before you make the payment.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No, not at all. I was talking about the smoked HLs. They are slightly expensive than OEM.

And few of my friends who are TFIans too had procured alloys through them recently. It was clear that they were refurbished. Remaining glue marks from wheel weights, some metal scraping near the lug holes, and fresh paint were a clear give-away that they were refurbished.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    When and if you buy alloys from them, you can get them balanced in case they are out a bit. Check them for tears or accidents as suggested..

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have bought 2 alloys (16 inchers) for my Linea from Kava Automobiles to replace the badly bent ones I had on the car and there was no point getting the bend removed and having a weaker alloy. It costed 6500 a piece. The ones sent to me atleast were not refurbished. Infact after putting them on brand new tyres, they were actually requiring minimal weights. This wont be the case with the refurbished ones as told by the Tyre shop guy. Currently the spare wheel in my car is slightly bent, thinking of replacing it with a new one from Kava. My only issue with this guy is, I can't understand a word he speaks, courtesy continuously chewing pan :evilsmile

On the smoked headlamps, you can call it refurbished as the headlamps have been opened and resealed after smoking it. The Kava shop guy did confirm this to me over phone when we requested for a replacement of the damanged headlamp that was shipped for Turbo_Karthikk's Punto.
    2 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, I disagree on the refurbished part of the smoked HLs.

I would take that word if the person who is claiming it has them on his car. :D

And I have my reasons.

1) If the lamps were opened for smoking and resealed, the bezels would be uniformly finished in either matte or gloss. It would not have both gloss and matte as per the texture on the contours as in OEM lamp. No paint or paint job can do that.

2) Whatever said and done over a casual phonecall, most of us owners who own smoked HLs from Kawa do find that they are as good as factory sealed. People who have used HLs smoked the traditional way by opening and painting, then reseal are of the same opinion after seeing the smoked HLs from Kawa. The clear lens, the reflector, the bulbs, everything was brand new and blemish free. The lens came with protective film over it.

And there are other guys like ramjn who have bought the conventional HL/TLs from them and they were OEM.

I know how an used/refurbished HL would look atleast on the backside.

This coming from a guy who is finicky about refurbished products and would not care two hoots to highlight the refurbished HLs from Kawa if it indeed were and has an eye for attention to detail. Well, atleast the two sets I received are not refurbished. :)

Let's give credit when due.
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks asimpleson.

Looks like I have to ask some of my friend to check it before sending to Bangalore.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Kava has saved the day for many fiat customers who have had a tough time sourcing parts anywhere else.

All said and done it is kinda given or understood that new parts are not to come cheap unless there is excessive inventory for them, which I doubt seldom happens. There are times when they themselves have to hunt as well from their sources. I have seen that happen for parts for a friend's Palio D.

They keep the price just about right for people to consider them for parts and not wait for FASS to reply. Good or not so good parts, they are the kings in this part of India atleast. :D It's quite a unique thing they have going on out there.

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can disagree if you feel so.

May be the word from the person who has it in the car only will convince you and the same person whom you want the word from got it checked with an installer who does open headlights quite often to install FXR projectors.

May be, I am not sure how it can be done or how it is not possible to be done.

It was a transit damage as we saw it, which was not allowing the leveler to work on the headlamp. Hope this makes it clear now. As you mentioned this damaged headlamp too had protective film over it.

I for one did not claim that the parts available with him are not OEM. Since we purchased the headlamps from Kava, on probing over a long call (casual phone call as you describe) the person revealed that the headlamps are opened and smoked, so could have been damaged the alignment piece in the process and agreed to replace it. May be he took an easy way out and replaced it.

May be you missed to read the alloys part of the post. The credit is given where its due.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was not looking for approval/permission. :D

Mind naming the "installer"? I can also get 'n' installers to tell people what I want.

Then let's also be not so sure that they are refurbished.

I was never referring to Karthik's HLs. Wonder why you brought those up. Yup, transit damage as it was through courier which has 'n' number of sorting points before the destination and most likely the parcel gets to be handled roughly.

Well, does it occur to you that around 30 plus of us TFIans got the smoked HLs from Kawa, before you (as you speak for Karthik)?

Yeah right.

EDIT: I do not want to continue these HL debates here, if interested come over to the appropriate thread. My opinions are based on the 3 HL sets I purchased, 1 for TFIan Auto Freak and 2 for me.
    2 people like this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I don't think so the headlights we bought from kava are opened for smoked.

I heard sometimes back that fiat has reduced the prices of alloys till ₹7k. Some TFI member has put the bill for same too.

Then how come the alloys rates are increased again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.