1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Alloys from Kava Motors (mumbai) at Rs. 6000/- per unit

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by arian, Mar 26, 2012.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Purchased Linea OE alloys from kava motors. Picked up 4 of them from their workshop at Kandivali. The guy stocks stuff that many authorized service stations dont have. I also happened to see many invoices of an authorized dealer in Mumbai at this workshop. Further probing revealed that some dealers source stuff from him & not directly from the fiat plant. Alloys at these dealers are mostly sourced from him which are then sold to customers at an exorbitant price of Rs.10000/- per piece. He also showed some parts of the linea suspension set up which was getting billed & delivered to this SC.

My earlier 98/100 dual pcd after-market alloys had issues wrt to balancing & alignment (even after trying various tyre shops). So finally decided to go back to Linea OEMs. The cost & the fact that no one had them in stock (have to place prior order) were the challenges. So decided to go with Kava. Initially I had my apprehensions about buying alloys from this shop as someone told me these alloys could be QC rejects from the factory. But talking to them revealed that these guys specialize in picking up FIAT accessories/spares in bulk from the factory directly. Once the order is executed, the purchase is not packed for dust/grime during transport to workshop. So the alloys had a lot of dust & few scratches as they were just stacked one on top of the other. A decent amount of polishing is required. Got Linea wheel bolts too (Fortune Powai had no stock of the same!)

Just completed my 1000 km long trip & I find the drive absolutely superb. All earlier issues have gone (had his strange wobbling between 90-100km/hr with my after-market alloys & upsized 205/55 Maxxis tyres). Also the new yokos AVS DB V550 tyres are just amazing at delivering a magic carpet ride.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Do they also stock 16" Alloys from 2012 range and Tjet?
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Where is it exactly located in kandivali?
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

Can you give the exact location and the contact details for Kava Motors?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Name: Mr. VijaySheth
    Mobile: +91-98 336 06750 / 98200 49190
    Address: 50/2 Modi Chambers, Near Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
    EMail: kavaauto@yahoo.com
    Landline: 022 - 23827562, 23853131, 28073272
  6. arian

arian Amatore

They had T jet 16 inchers & punto alloys too. Not sure of 2012 Linea (thought 2012 lineas have t jet alloys).

They have a shop at opera house but the garage & the stocking of bulkier stuff is done at Kandivali.
    Raj Kava / Bangera
    Near Murli Painter
    Hindustan Naka
    Kandivali (West)
    Mob No. - 8108109015 / 9820049190
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

I was looking for 16" alloys for Linea and just inquired in FASS as well as in Kava.
    Kava quoted 5K per alloy, FASS 11k per alloy. In 99rpm also it's 10.7 for 15" (did not find 16" )
    I am wondering what is the catch here, are they same alloys ? Is there any difference in manufacturing quality,
    FASS claimed they are selling seconds , that means factory rejected /defective alloys ??

Input from the members who has bought it from kava and using it will be helpful here.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    They are not brand new, I am sure. And if they are, they are not procured by regular channels, if you know what I mean.

Soumen Paul, if you want to save money and are not fussy about warranty and looking for 1st quality items, in nearly stock condition Kava is the best. I would'nt buy without seeing for myself, unless it's an emergency and a leap of faith is my last measure.

Ask Raj Kava for how the condition is whether immaculate or bit worn out etc. They don't play bluff.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Few of them have had a feeling that the ones KAWA sells are refurbished sorts.

I have not bought alloys from them yet, but the headlamps I bought are great.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

And were they also priced at 50% of the OE MRP?