1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Wobbling Issue

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by anupam_aug15, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where you got this detail? I never see anybody for this tyre.

BTW, one suggestion, this type of issue best get resolved at service centers. Writing email to top of company normally will not help one.
    As Rajan mentioned, most probably issue is with rim.
    Get the rim exchanged from other Linea at SC, do it in from of you. See if solves your issue.
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear Sir
    Service center people and local TASS rep could not come to any conclusion as they needed directions from FIAT for what to do and what not to. What they kept doing was different iterations of tyres and RIMS and also checked steering damping. If I had not escalated they wouldnt have done anything as they were clueless. The instructions to change tyres had come from top only as FIAT had coordinated with Goodyear who also participated in trial of the vehicle before and after change of tyres.Regarding Michelin PLC , I had read in one of forums where they mentioned which stock tyres every car comes with . But ya I am sure TJET comes with those as I have seen it myself. But like you said I will again ask them to change RIMS also .
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OT, I think even T-Jet is not coming with Michelin PLC tyres.
  4. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    And I have seen Tjet with stock Michelin tyres and even enquired dealer about it once.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't know where they got that information. AFAIK, no model of FIAT currently available in India comes with Michelin PLC as stock. My T-Jet came with Apollo Acelere.

Back to topic - With all due respect Anupam, if you have already tried all the solutions fellow members are suggesting and FASS / FIAT are clueless as to what is causing the problem, I am afraid you have reached a dead-end.

All the best.

Rajan
  6. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear Rajan ji

I appreciate the efforts of all the fellow members in helping me out . As per your advice I have asked the TASS person to use new RIMS with new bridgestone tyres to test the vehicle. Lets see .
    But my doubt is could something other than tyres which can cause this like someone suggested suspension etc or some column joint or rack issue ?I have a Punto at home for 3 years never faced any problem it was so smooth even at 120 and above but Linea wobbling since first day at even 80 kmph .
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There can be multiple causes which can result in such symptoms. The only reason I suspect the rims is based on your input of the car behaving normally when wheels were swapped with another Linea. You also mentioned that the problem was transferred to the other car as well. Let us hope that using new rims will resolve your issue.

Rajan
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Re: Help Needed urgently : Wobbling Issue in New FIAT linea MJD Active 2012

Tjet never came with Michelin. If it ever did, people like me would have fought till the end to get it rather than paying 9.5k per tire!

Coming back to the topic I'd like to know how rims can be a cause? Afaik balancing, alignment and rotation can or rather should take care of any rim related problems right?

I'm putting my money on syeering column and/or suspension being the culprit.

Sent from my Moto Defy+ via Tapatalk
  9. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad

Well today again they have taken the vehicle from me for testing . I too am not sure about tyres being faulty .They are suspecting bearings as they told me .I will definitely post the update.
    After today, it would be more than 60 days my car has been at the FIAT workshop out of 185 days of purchase.
  10. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Update :

My cars knukcle joints , bearings and brake disks were changed yesterday. Then we had test drive and it seemed to be fine now. no vibration but I have to wait and see for atleast 15-20 days and 1000 kms to be sure.
    1 person likes this.