1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Wobbling Issue

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by anupam_aug15, Feb 18, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Well, it's good to hear that only the tires were at fault. It's easy to replace them.

It is possible that the GT3's on your Linea could be a bad batch as we have plenty of TFIans who have had zero issues with them and used these GT3's for 40,000km ++.

Also, which bridgestone tyres are they going to give.
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Gurjinder Ji

thanx for your guidance Sir but like I said the GT3 used in my car were from different batches . In fact in between they used 3 DURAPLUS also but the problem remained. I still dont know if its the tyres problem but FIAT surely thinks so.
    Could you suggest which Bridgestone tyres should be preferred ?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take Potenza or Turenza, if they can provide.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    If you say that balancing, rotation and alignment has been done SEVERAL times in front of your eyes, tires have also been changed but still the problem remains, did it not occur to you EVEN ONCE that the problem lies elsewhere?

I strongly suspect the suspension/steering column to be at fault here. But of course FASS would not give you the real reason upfront. Is your car under warranty? If yes you don't need to worry on the parts cost. Why dont you take it to another service center for a second opinion?
  5. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    I totally agree with you that i feel the problem lies somewhere else coz new tyres cannot be faulty at even 80 kmph . My car is just 6 months old so definitely under warranty. And it has been already inspected by 3 service centers .
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    If I were you, I would have escalated the matter a long time back - in fact right after the 2nd incorrect diagnosis or inability to solve the issue. For God's sake, how can you even allow them to keep the car for so many days and not even compensate you - either by providing a standby car or monetarily?

I think its high time you email higher ups in Fiat about this. It looks like a mfg defect which all 3 service centers are trying to brush under the carpet.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Questions for you:

1. Were only tyres from another Linea used? I mean were they dismounted from the rim / alloy of another Linea and mounted on your rims?
    2. If not, were the WHEELS (Tyre+Alloy/Rim) used on your car as is?
    3. Were they steel rims or alloys?
    4. You have also stated that the wobbling also got transferred to another car, when they were using your wheels, is that right?
    5. If I understand correctly from the above points, can you get FASS to change only your rims and try?

It is highly improbable that so many tyres from various manufacturers were faulty. It is also improbable that there is any issue with any other component in your car, as you say that swapping wheels with another Linea also transferred the issue to the other car. That leaves out only one common component - your Rims.

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    I have already escalated the matter to Highest possible at FIAT . I have been continuously mailing to the highest people I can . Mangesh kodalkar and others and I have talked to them also.And everything is done as instructed by FIAT. But as usual FIAT ASS is *******. And I feel so cheated now. My vehicle they kept testing all the time to find the fault all on my expense. And even now they feel tyres are faulty when even the new GT3 dint solve the problem they want to go for bridgestone.
    I have already raised the point abount compensation but till now they havenot committed anything and havenot solved the problem either.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dear Rajan Ji

Here are the answers
    1) They changed tyre and RIM from other car to test it .
    2)Yes they used other car wheel + rim on my car
    3)I think they were steel rims but I am not sure as I wasnt present
    4)Yes thats what they said that other car had same problem
    5) FASS has already checked by changing all the tyres and all the rims also but no improvement .

I strongly feel that its something other than tyres coz the problem starts coming sometimes even at 80 kmph whereas no tyre can wobble at 80kmph atleast not new.else that tyre company shop will be shut

- - - Merged Post - - -

Here is my communication with FIAT till now since january 2013 . I have been mailing since October [HR][/HR]From: anupam goyal <anupam_aug15@yahoo.com>
    To: KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com>
    Cc: "rammohan.m@tatamotors.com" <rammohan.m@tatamotors.com>; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com" <rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com>; "ravi.agarwal@tatamotors.com" <ravi.agarwal@tatamotors.com>; "enrico.atanasio@fiapl.com" <enrico.atanasio@fiapl.com>; "ramesh.gandi@fiat.com" <ramesh.gandi@fiat.com>
    Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:26 AM
    Subject: Reminder 4: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 6 months

Dear Mr. Kodalkar

In follow up action , all the tyres were replaced by goodyear at Tejaswi Motors yesterday but , as I suspected , the wobbling problem still persists in the car.
    Now I doubt if a "Defective" vehicle was sold to me as FIAT has failed to resolve the issue since 6 months now. Could you please share with me the "Quality Checks Report " from the plant to ascertain if this vehicle had passed all the QC checks.
    Also please inform me what is the future course of actions planned to rectify this long pending issue.Its very Urgent now .

Regards
    Anupam Goyal

[HR][/HR]From: anupam goyal <anupam_aug15@yahoo.com>
    To: KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com>
    Cc: "rammohan.m@tatamotors.com" <rammohan.m@tatamotors.com>; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com" <rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com>; "ravi.agarwal@tatamotors.com" <ravi.agarwal@tatamotors.com>; "enrico.atanasio@fiapl.com" <enrico.atanasio@fiapl.com>; "ramesh.gandi@fiat.com" <ramesh.gandi@fiat.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:13 PM
    Subject: Re: Reminder 2: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Mr Kodalkar

As per our telecon , I was promised the resolution by today . So I am awaiting the resolution . I also need clarification of few things :

1) This is the second time that tyres would be changed, as 3 tyres were changed before also, for the same problem . All previous and current tyres are goodyear and have developed the problem again. So I hope the car doesnt have any problem which is causing the tyres to fail.
    2) In case the car doesnot have any problem , as confirmed by Mr. Ramesh and Mr. Ram Mohan , then I need to know which other tyres are provided with Fiat Linea MJD other than Goodyear GT3 . I have lost confidence in goodyear tyres after they have failed twice within 3 months and barely 2 thousand km.Each time i have been at receiving end .And I have come to know FIAT also providesMichelin PLC with FIAT Linea MJD , so I would prefer to have those instead of Goodyear.
    In last I would like to say that I work in a public Sector company but I must say that even our customer satisfaction and complaint response and rectification is way better than Fiat has.

Regards
    Anupam Goyal

[HR][/HR]From: KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com>
    To: anupam goyal <anupam_aug15@yahoo.com>
    Cc: INDIA Service (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd. ) <SERVICE.INDIA@fiat.com>; GANDI Ramesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <ramesh.gandi@fiat.com>; "abhishek.chakraborty@tatamotors.com" <abhishek.chakraborty@tatamotors.com>; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com" <rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com>; "rammohan.m@tatamotors.com" <rammohan.m@tatamotors.com>; "vinay_vaidya@goodyear.com" <vinay_vaidya@goodyear.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:50 PM
    Subject: RE: Reminder 2: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication & this has reference to the telecom we had yesterday .

We will revert back to you with all required assistance .

With warm regards ,

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services
    Fiat Group Automobiles India Pvt.Ltd
    Ranjangaon
    Pune 412210
    +91 2138 672764

Sent: 08 February 2013 21:22
    To: KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.)
    Cc: INDIA Service (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd. ); GANDI Ramesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.); abhishek.chakraborty@tatamotors.com; rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com; rammohan.m@tatamotors.com
    Subject: Re: Reminder 2: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Mr Kondalkar,

Its time for some action . All the tyres are faulty which are causing wobbling and the same is confirmed by goodyear reps too. Now I request you take immediate action of replacing the tyres preferably with some better brand , instead of waiting anymore as considerable time has already been passed and I have lost all my patience.

Anupam Goyal

[HR][/HR]​
    From: KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com>
    Cc: INDIA Service (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd. ) <SERVICE.INDIA@fiat.com>; GANDI Ramesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <ramesh.gandi@fiat.com>; "abhishek.chakraborty@tatamotors.com" <abhishek.chakraborty@tatamotors.com>; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com" <rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com>; "rammohan.m@tatamotors.com" <rammohan.m@tatamotors.com>
    Sent: Friday, February 8, 2013 9:02 AM
    Subject: RE: Reminder 2: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication & update , we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you with regards to concerns refereed & the extended time/days for attending said car .

We will revert back to you with required back up /support, till then we requesting to please bear with us .

With warm regards ,

Mangesh Kodalkar

Customer Services

Ranjangaon

Pune 412210

+91 2138 672764

Sent: 07 February 2013 22:07
    Cc: "Service@fiapl.com"; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com"; GANDI Ramesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.); ravi.agarwal@tatamotors.com; Manish.Mishra@fiapl.com; MISHRA Manish (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.); rakesh.saxena@tatamotors.com; enrico.atanasio@fiapl.com; ATANASIO Enrico (FGA); DE FILIPPIS Giovanni (FGA)
    Subject: Reminder 2: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months
    Dear Sir

It has been almost month now since my vehicle is at workshop . In less than 6 months since I bought the vehicle , It has been in workshop for almost 2 months for the same problem of faulty tyres. It has been proved multiple times that problem is because of faulty goodyear tyres. But I have been left stuck between workshop , tata rep. , fiat rep and goodyear rep who turn by turn have been taking trials of my vehicle , all on my expense . I have paid thousands of Rs. not only for fuel used in numerous trials but also in TAXI charges I had to incur due to absence of my car for month together.

This has been repeating since day 1 of my purchase and Still the problem is yet to be resolved . My multiple complaints have not generated any importance from you till now. I have had enough of it now as I have not purchased a DEMO vehicle that most of the time it has to be in service center. I request you to not only rectify the fault in the vehicle asap but also compensate for the loss and agony I have been through because I made a mistake of buying a FIAT vehicle again.

Anupam Goyal

[HR][/HR]​
    Cc: "Service@fiapl.com" <Service@fiapl.com>; "rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com" <rajesh.hariharan@tatamotors.com>; GANDI Ramesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) <ramesh.gandi@fiat.com>
    Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 4:44 PM
    Subject: RE: Reminder 1: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , regret the delay .

We will revert back through region .

With warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar

Customer Services

Ranjangaon

Pune 412210

+91 2138 672764

Sent: 28 January 2013 15:43
    Subject: Reminder 1: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

It has been a week and I am still awaiting any action from your side .

Anupam Goyal

[HR][/HR]​
    Cc: "Service@fiapl.com" <Service@fiapl.com>
    Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 4:10 PM
    Subject: RE: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you with regards to concerns refereed .

Matter is coordinated on priority , you will be hearing shortly .

With warm regards ,

Mangesh Kodalkar

Customer Services

Ranjangaon

Pune 412210

+91 2138 672764

Sent: 21 January 2013 14:20
    To: CHANDAK Pankaj (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.); Mangesh Kodalkar; KODALKAR Mangesh (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.)
    Cc: BOPARAI Gurpratap (FGA); BOPARAI Gurpratap (Fiat India Automobiles Ltd.)
    Subject: fiat linea MJT active Reg No. HR26BU0515 - wobbling Problem unsloved since 5 months

Dear Sir

My Fiat linea MJT Active , Reg No. HR26xx05x5 chassis no. MCA110A1B0xxxx294ALZ , engine no. 019xx98 registered at the name of Pooja Goyal , is just 5 months old and completed just 4300 KM but from day 1 , I am facing problem of vehicle wobbling badly at 100 KMPH and above which Fiat has failed to address. i have already had it repaired multiple times at different service centers but they failed to resolve.Then I moved to hyderabad and since then Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad is trying to solve this wobbling problem.They first identified tyres as the problem and changing of all 4 tyres resolve the issue but they changed 3 tyres only.the problem still remains unsolved and now they say that remaining tyres and 3 Rims have defect which is causing this problem. i have been running around service centers for past 5 months since I bought the vehicle. I have tried every possible way to contact FIAT reps but nobody responds . There is no available contact number where you can escalate the matter.

Is this the brand image you want to create . This is my second FIAT car and I must say that service is as usual horrific . I am writing here as FIAT India is not giving any response to even a new vehicle and I can imagine the fate after the warranty . I hope some action is taken at your end to ensure brand value and trust else FIAT is soon going to be history in India.

Anupam Goyal

9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not sure I understand. One the one hand, you are saying that the problem got transferred when you swapped wheels with another Linea. OTOH, you are also saying that changing the rim has already been attempted, but in vain.

I still strongly feel that the problem is with your rims.
    Good luck in getting the problem resolved.

Rajan
  10. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear Sir
    Even for me its confusing as I was not with them during the trials most of the time as they took more than a week in this.but they had changed the rims with my existing tyres and found no difference . And about problem got transferred to other Linea , It was told to be by service manager of workshop . So I am not sure how correct this info is .