1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Filed case in Consumer Court

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by anupam_aug15, Aug 6, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is that amount offered by court acceptable to you @anupam_aug15. I am compelled to think that there might be some movement within Fiat office an unrest and then things will go back to normal once again. By normal I mean old ways of Fiat and FASS and their policies. Its a respite for sure but no matter of being overjoyed and if and when you send a pic of cheque of settlement from Fiat's end it could help people to regain confidence in judiciary. Watching the timeline now.
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear asimpleton
    If FIAT was so sincere abt customers then the situation wouldn't have reached to this level. And like I said earlier FIAT would definitely drag it to higher forums but them I am ready for that. And I am not here to prove anything but just to show that how fiat has treated me and same can be with others. I would have definitely loved to get a new replaced car but then I don't want to appeal while I am sure fiat would.I don't know abt you but I have full faith in Judiciary and would fight till end.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @anupam_aug15, its fun to watch an individual going against a company or a corporation or even a government. It's AT YOUR EXPENSE as I have always been trying to suggest and that's sadistic if not for third person like us but mainly the company as well. That said you have begun this thread with filing at consumer court. So all we said are mere opinions. You win or you loose. As far as judiciary is concerned I have faith as well but lets not pretend that its a quick process in India. For most part its slow and painful. Now pain or no pain is again subjective but slow it certainly is. When I speak of confidence about judiciary I am saying it's good if it goes to its logical conclusions sooner than after years and years of fighting as in certain cases.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  4. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Hi the latest update is that instead of providing any relief to its harassed customer , as expected, FIAT has chosen to appeal in the state commission purely on the basis on jurisdiction of the court . Ofcourse it really wont help them but it clearly shows how CUSTOMER FRIENDLY FIAT is and no wonder they are already on verge of extinction in India.

The State Commission has asked me to appear on 22 April 2016 for the appeal.
    One point I would like to highlight is that to appeal , FIAT had to deposit 50 percent of the penalty i.e. around 3.25 lacs but instaed of paying me effectively 2 lacs (4.5 lacs is approx returned car value out of Rs 6.58 Lacs compensation) they further chose to drag the case.

@asimpleson - Trust me , I have no intention of providing any sadistic pleasure to anyone here . The only reason I am writing all my experience here is to make everyone aware and in case anyone is facing similar problem , what they can do. When I started I could not find any such experience which I could utilize in my case.
    I have been maintaining a blog (Shamelessfiat on blogspot) and a facebook page (Get well soon FIAT) for the same reason . And you wont believe I have got so many queries from so many users who are facing similar issues like me.

So any support here is mere a moral booster but my intention is purely to keep everyone aware of proceedings and what they can do in case they face similar issues. After all its our hard earned money .
  5. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Anupam,

It is very clear from the facts that you got a defective vehicle from fiat and even fiat has to acknowledge this.

The question is why would they go to court to fight this and make it worse for them when they are already in a bad market position.

Any company in the world being in the current situation that fiat is in would have made sure the customer is compensated and taken care off.

There is something very wrong in the upper management in FCA. possibly some MBA idiot has a big ego.

Either way, i hope you come out as a winner and hope fiat does something to do damage control.