1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Filed case in Consumer Court

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by anupam_aug15, Aug 6, 2014.

1. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations Anupam! You certainly deserved it.
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Here is the judgement copy friends. For FIAT The honorable court said

"That the opposite party no.3 (FIAT) having good reputation in the world car market simply cannot escape stating that it is not liable for the defect of the vehicle once after the sale of vehicle to the dealer in bulk and that they are no way connected to the service centres. It is the bounded duty of manufacturer to ensure that the vehicle will be free from all manufacturing defects and it should run properly during the period of warranty atleast.
    The 3rd opposite party is having the dealers throughout the country to sell their vehicles which gives the jurisdiction to this Forum under Sec.11of CP Act 1986. That the manufacturer once sold the vehicle, its burden will not seize by delivering the vehicle. The burden casts upon them is that the vehicle which is sold by them must run as per the expectations and assurances given to the customers. Accepted by the vide publicity of the model of the company and based on the goodwill of the manufacturers, the customers will purchase the vehicles and not by seeing the name and fame of the dealer. As such the manufacturers i.e., the opposite party no.3 failed to deliver the vehicle as expected. The frequent visiting of the vehicle to the service centre immediately after purchasing of the vehicle clearly establishes that there is some inherent defect in the vehicle which could not be rectified by the opposite party no.1 i.e., the service centre of opposite party no.3.
    Hence, in the circumstances we are of the considered view that there is inherent defect in the car which amounts to deficiency in service
    "

Court has ordered to take back the defective car and pay Rs 633685 plus Rs 25000 towards mental agony & case charges since I was using the car.
    I know FIAT will take the fight to higher court but I am ready to fight them till end.
    They should not take our FIAT love for granted and should not make any Indian Consumer suffer again .

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page1.jpg

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page2.jpg

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page3.jpg

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page4.jpg

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page5.jpg

judgement2015-11-27jpg_Page6.jpg
  3. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys,

have been a lurker and am planning to buy avventura.

After seeing this post , i now understand why fiat withdrew the extended warranty. The dealer where i inquired about extended warranty said it was due to legal issues. This would also mean they won't be introducing extended warranties in the future.

Doesn't give me much confidence going forward.

To be honest i m very disappointed in FIAT.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @zam123 ! This is not the reason to withdraw extended warranty. Further, not all car companies provide extended warranty for their cars.
    The 3year warranty from FIAT is quite good.
    This solely shouldnt be the reason for getting disappointed by FIAT. There are many others though :)

Welcome to TFI!

@anupam_aug15 - Your perseverance paid off. Hope Fiat closes the case here itself!
    All the best!
  5. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Why else would they withdraw extended warranty then?

do they not have confidence in their own vehicles?. They had given extended warranty for a long time , why withdraw it suddenly. what changed so drastically that they had to withdraw the extended warranty. And why should they not give extended warranty considering their sales number.

now anupum was the unlucky one who got a defective car. There could be others and it can happen to anyone who buys a new fiat.

I m not worried about the fiat vehicles, there will be defective ones every now and then, its the attitude and the way fiat handled this case bothers me the most.

Fiat could not admit that this a defective one and the court had to step in to make them understand that. That shows arrogance and how much they care about their customers. No wonder their sales are so poor apart from poor marketing.

Now had fiat accepted it was a faulty one and replaced it , many potential buyers would have some peace of mind purchasing a fiat. But after this case , a potential buyer will think twice.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are looking for horror stories then you can find it on any car manufacturer. even in merc and bmw.
  7. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    No one is looking for horror stories I guess but trust me no one wants to get harassed after spending their hard earned money dear. And you should definitely be afraid when FIAT puts all the blame on service center & dealer . My car spent more than 6 months in service center and if even then you feel FIAT is right then its up to you. I know this forum is for FIAT lovers and we all bought FIAT for the same reason but that doesnt give FIAT a right to harass people.
    And mind you FIAT is no Maruti which rules the Indian roads and has lakhs & lakhs of vehicles on road .
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    you wouldn't say this if this sort of thing happened to you.

Like i said , I have nothing against FIAT cars, just the company's attitude towards Indians.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @anupam_aug15
    Thanks for sharing it on the forum. Will be usable even to other car maker's case too.
    At least till warranty, we can expect this result.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Just because he said specifically about Fiat.