1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Filed case in Consumer Court

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by anupam_aug15, Aug 6, 2014.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wish everything goes smoothly for you and all the best. The rules in India is not strong enough for customers. You are right about abroad. They are really scared about the law suites as customers are given preference and the Fines and Penalties are huge. Atleast some day the people in Indian companies will realize that they may be the king related to their company, but they are a customer for other products. They will get the same treatment from other companies like what they offer to their customers.
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    First of all congrats to TEAMFIAT for such a refreshing change. New look is absolutely fab. Keep it up guys !!!! new look of the forum makes me feel like visiting again and again.

Thanks Zenwalker , Definitely FIAT needs a kick to make them respond .

You are absolutely right about rules in India and thats why companies are not afraid of selling any crap to Indians. And thats why rarely in India we hear about any recall of batches of cars unless its most urgent.

Update to my case as it was a hearing day today

It was second hearing today and as usual FIAT hasnt appeared for hearing till now .The lawyer from Hyderabad Dealer says FIAT is not bothered and they wont come. He says even if District court orders in your favor , they would drag you to state consumer court. Even he asked for another date to drag the case citing he needs time to file a reply.
    But now I have decided to fight whatever happens and the case has been posted for 18.9.14 now.

I have started a blog too where I have written about my entire story and would update that too daily. I am also trying to take up my case in Media as I dont want a company to take Indian customers for granted.

Mod Note: We appreciate that you have taken this up legally. Good luck and keep the thread updated with the proceedings. The blog link is removed as this thread already serves the purpose.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    mchanna, rsinfo and zenwalker like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Too shake that Fiat is showing lethargic attitude. I wish more customers like you would join this effort to teach them some lesson. This kind of reminds me off OMG Hindi movie.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Since Fiat is based from Italy(Turin). Why not drop the Italian HQ a scan of the legal notices and communications on their customer care or their higher ups.

This may make their Indian HQ answerable to them.

PS: I am saying this because I get & handle similar cases if any of my organization's customer forwards our complaint to them(parent company).
  5. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear Harish
    I have been writing to the headquarter in Italy at customercareinternational@fiat.com from the first day and so many times I have got reply that they have taken up my case with India team. But after sometime they have also stopped responding.
    So I guess FIAT really needs a kick at their a** .
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi Santosh.

I have to say you sound to me to be making a martyr of yourself over the relatively small matter of a malfunctioning battery and doorlock mechanism. Battery related defects happen: they are the fault of exide, not Fiat. Niggles are often there in new cars, yes even Hondas (go to team bhp to see initial owner reports on the new Honda City).

You should've dealt with the dealer and ASS/warranty-issues more smartly and carefully: aggression based on exaggerated expectations of 'service' will not work, in North India at least, least of all in Panipat!

Your case seems minor compared to anupam's.

I have a T-jet too: there's no hint of any niggle or trouble! I believe, I could be wrong, you've mismanaged your relationship with your dealer and/or vice versa? And are bad-mouthing Fiat for the same.

I have found Fiat to very responsive and solicitous if you escalate complaints to them (we also have a 2010 Linea and a Punto 75 mjd), they are also industry-leading in their warranty policies.

By all means complain, there are many here who will help and support you, but avoid soap-operatic martyr-hero type dialogues sir-ji!

I wish you well, bhai-sahab, and hope you are able to finally get the car-experience you wished for. And of course, putting pressure on Fiat to keep an eye on and to get their new dealers especially in the North to perform better is very right and fair on your part. I thank you for that.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

Before this thread goes out of hand and becomes a rant ground let me set a few things straight.

@anupam_aug15 : I request you to update this thread as and when you get any updates. We are now seeing that the thread is going on in circles and the same stuff is getting repeatedly posted. You have taken the legal route and now all you can do is be patient. Do note that starting a campaign against FIAT on Facebook pages and blogs actually might go against you. Do check on Team BHP how Harish patiently fought his case against Skoda & won. It would also help if you upload scan copies of your visits to Service Center to this thread. That would just make matters much more transparent and evident.

@SANTOSH SINGH : I am deleting your posts in this thread since you are hijacking someone else's thread to highlight the issues (miniscule as they are) of your car. Anupam's issues appear far more serious than a central locking system not working. Create your own thread in the appropriate section, upload evidences of your multiple visits to the service center and then members can comment. Just bashing the manufacturer and portraying yourself as a victim in someone else's thread is not going to help you in any way. Also sending personal messages to the support staff of TFI and demanding replies from them is something we do not really like. That's not how the regular members of the forum behave. Everybody here is willing to help - but there is a way of going about things.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    mohdshea, nbvcrao, asimpleson and 7 others like this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @amogh cant you lock this thread and allow only the owner to post updates as when he gets it.I don't see much reason for others to reply here or even contribute than feeling sorry about his situation after seeing thread digressing now as you mentioned. Just suggesting don't jump on me folks ;)
    Feel feee to delete this post once you read it. Sorry for OT.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @SANTOSH SINGH : Honestly I feel sorry for you since you are not able to distinguish the difference between FIAT India's Official Website and a Forum run by FIAT enthusiasts.

@anupam_aug15 : I am locking this thread now. Let us know when you have something specific to update and we will open the thread.

Thanks!
    Jotinder, mchanna, zenwalker and 2 others like this.
  10. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Hi to update all of you on my case .. well for the first time now FIAT has entered the court and their lawyer filed his vakalatnama. Till now FIAT was absconding from the case . they waited till now to extend the case as much but now if they hadn't appeared the judge was about to declare it x party on FIAT behalf. Now next date is 20 Oct when judge has asked FIAT and the service center to file their replies. I will keep updating and I am determined to fight till I get justice.

Thanx Ravi for allowing me to update this thread.
    novicefreak and mchanna like this.