1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Active MJD 2012 - Filed case in Consumer Court

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by anupam_aug15, Aug 6, 2014.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Brother, sorry to hear your troubles and I have a similar experience(not similar problem) for my Linea too. My Linea was in the service center continuously for 45 days. I had an alternate car and hence I survived. Now coming to your peculiar issue of Wobbling / Vibrations, you feel it emanating from the front wheels or rear wheels ? Do keep us posted on the problem. I will also check with my friend who owns a Alignment and Balancing Centre in Chennai. He is an ex. Field guys in reputed tyre manufacturers and I will get his ideas too.

Please post your latest alignment copy.

In the mean time I would suggest you to confirm whether the following has been done.

All tyres including alloys, suspension, lower arms, rear hub, front hub and disk has been replaced from a normal car which doesn't have this issue. Damn this is going to be frustrating and mind you, ASS are mostly capable of replacing parts and they are not taught to think. All the knowledge comes from experience. ie either by having witnessed the same problem in another car or having a shared case study.

The consumer court thing will only drag and I guess your main issue is related to wobbling and all other issues are due to your car having visited the service center many times. Even my car has that tape thing the lock due to that Khat Khat sound from door when going over bumps.

I wish you all the best to get all your issues solved so you can really enjoy driving the Linea.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    I had expressed the same feeling to Mr mangesh Kodalker , customer Service Head , Fiat who had been coordinating this matter that FIAT's strength is its Fans else nobody likes to buy a FIAT due to bad reputation. We have punto in out family , which also had problems due to bad dealer but yet I thought it was one odd case. So I decided to buy Linea. I still remember my friends questioning why FIAT? And that time I had proudly said "why not FIAT ? "

I told Mr Kodalkar that you should treat your customers with lots of care and pamper them with best support & service . One dissatisfied customer means poor brand image. I was the first one in my 3000 people strong office to buy a FIAT .After that so many of my colleagues planning to buy asked my experience and you can imagine I am still the only one with a FIAT now amongst more than 3000 employees.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dear Friend
    I really appreciate your help and support. But trust me I have lost all love for FIAT and my car now. i did not pay so much money to waste my time in getting it repaired and getting harassed . I have lost all interest in driving and the passion I had when I bought this car. I have carried out all exercises you told above mutiple times and yet the problem has returned after some time. I wanted a trouble free vehicle else I would have bought a secondhand car. I have burnt my fuel ,time, money to see this car work trouble free for almost one and half year.

here is link to thread I created when I had faced this problem.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-all...issue-new-fiat-linea-mjd-active-2012-a-4.html
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^ Yes, now I remember seeing that thread long back. But I though the issue was solved. Its close to year and a half from your last post on that thread that there is no problem. Did you face any troubles after that aswell ?
  4. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Yes the problem returned after 2 months again. Then I thought this is some manufacturing defect as the problem keeps repeating and I keep sending the vehicle to FIAT. So I didnot post on that thread anymore.
    And that problem still remains in my vehicle despite so many repairs after that. In city since the speed does not cross 60 KMpH so I cannt observe the problem but once I hit the highway I just curse myself for buying a FIAT.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Suggest MODs to merge the threads. Maybe update thread title about court case.

@ANUPAM
    , you should have continued in your old thread with a new post heading. It would have been much better to understand and serve as reminder of what you experienced and maybe refreshed things for more opinions from TFIans. From your last post there, it felt like the problem was resolved for once.

A couple of suggestions/questions..
    1) Do you think or have you collected enough evidence for court.?
    2) What is your lawyer's opinion ? (answer that question if you think it's OK to share details) Did you check any prior precedents and judgements in such cases?
    3) Are you willing at any point hereon for an out of court settlement if offered by company at this stage?
    4) What is it that you insist more now, a perfect overhaul of car with their lead tech team coming from Ranjangaon to change every involved component, or a change with new car and/or plainly compensation for mental agony and harassment as per your perception.?

Incase you have already made a definitive move, may the most just side win. However, I think most would be glad if both sides win. Best of luck..!
    2 people like this.
  6. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear asimpleson

I created a different thread as I felt I should share my ownership review with everybody. First thread was to get suggestions to resolve the problem but later I understood that there is some defect in vehicle as the problem crops up again after a month or two. Also there were so many other problems besides wobbling issue which had cropped up , so I thought a separate thread with all the details would be better.

Now coming to your points one by one
    1) I have all the mails which have all of my communication with FIAT where I have listed each of my problem and action taken by FIAT.The no. of mails is around 100 spread over a year and half. I have already submitted those mails in the court. can also share with everybody here .
    2) I am fighting my case myself and there are hundreds of cases and judgments where the company has to refund/replace for a faulty product / car .
    3) I am always open to any kind of settlement if company replaces my car as my aim was a trouble free vehicle . Infact I tried my best to reason it with FIAT that since they have not been able to repair the car since so much time they should replace it. But they maintained that they can repair it as many times under warranty . i cannt send the car every week or fortnight to workshop.
    4) My car still has all those problems. I did not pay for a refurbished car , so I dont want anymore experimentation by anybody.Team from plant should have been sent a long time back when I had reported the problems and they weren't resolved in months.

If anybody in this forum can take up my matter with FIAT top brass and FIAT is ready to replace my car , I have no reason to pursue my case. Though I firmly believe that companies should be taught lessons to take customers seriously in India.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is something about legal matter, like a war. When all diplomacy fails, the next step is notice (something like threatening to go to war) in which case companies go on absolute damage control mode. What it means is that even if the company brass wants to provide you some better compromise solution or maybe even a car once the matter reaches higher up, sometimes they might just choose to see how the court rules and not act depending on their legal team's opinion.

My suggestion is no matter how ridiculous arguments the company people make or try to level counter allegations, try to be cool and get them to talk and settle this matter. Once it goes into hearing things become more complicated and then there is fight and wait and watch, which will be painful for you but not the company.
    1 person likes this.
  8. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    Dear Friend
    I served the notice twice to the company. Once in April last year , even after which they promised that they will rectify and I patiently waited . Yet nothing changed same chaos at FIAT workshops . they kept on punishing me again and again . I continued to wait and talk to Mr Kodalkar who just promised and delivered nothing . Then again I tried to reason with them that its so bad the car is yet to perform after almost one and half year . But they did nothing. Finally I again sent the notice to the company & the Butta/tejaswi Motors. Company just said we are trying to help , kindly send the vehicle again while the dealer said they refute all the allegations.

Well I totally understand that court will take its own time and FIAT will try to drag but I have no option left. I have lost all fun and love of my car . So i have nothing else to loose now.

companies like FIAT feel they can do anything with customers in India while was it US or Europe they would have promptly replaced the car with an apology letter.
  9. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

hyderabad
    I thank moderator for keeping this thread as I just wanted to share my ownership experience. Its nice that most of FIAT lovers have experienced good support and service but I am one of those few who have been at the receiving end of the hostile company . I hope my case is resolved soon and I would keep updating the progress as next date of hearing is 28.08.2014.
    cassini, bharath and pabhishek like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    More people like you who are going through rough times with FIAT should do the same, then only FIAT legal and management team will take such things serious and do the best they can.
    Yet i wish you good luck and get a success result ASAP.