1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2014 ORVMs(with indicators) on Punto 2010

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Puntom, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I just got the ORVMs of new Linea (with led indicators) for my Punto. Here are some Pictures

4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg

I was not confident with the FASS for this job nor were they themselves too. So I got it fixed outside in an accessory shop.
    I however brought the from FASS. The accessory shop guy charged me 500rupees as his labour charges.

I received a few PM asking for more details about installation.
    So, I started this thread for the help of other members.
    Mods: Hope this is the right place...please move it to the right place if I'm wrong

For the led ORVM you need the following parts:
    1. 59117677 and 59117761
    REAR VIEW MIRROR
    1738+tax=1990 each(left and right)
    2. 59117698 And 59117699
    CAP
    122+tax=140 each(left and right)
    3. 59064631 and 59064632
    GLASS
    233+tax=267 each(left and right)
    All six pieces totally will come to 4794.

You can use the same glass from your existing mirror assembly and reduce 534 rupees to 4260.
    Painting to a colour will be extra as OE caps come in either matte black(for Active) and gloss black prepared for painting (for Dynamic and Emotion)
    You cannot use the same caps because the snap locks are in different positions

Let me write the installation as bullet points so that its easier to understand:
    • The fender indicators were removed (not disconnected) from the body
    • Door pads were removed
    • A wire was passed through the fender indicator opening
    • The wire was then passed through another small opening towards the door
    • It as then taken through a big cylindrical connector on the door (seen when you open the door)
    • After this, it goes into the mirror
    • The two ends are connected to the spliced wires of the mirror and the fender indicator

Some important points to note:
    1. Each of the mirrors are fixed to the doors by 2 screws and a rivet. Its actually a bolt with a plain head (can't use a screwdriver or a spanner). removing this is a tricky thing. once it is removed you can use a 10 size bolt o fix the new mirror
    2. In the current mirror there are 3 wires and the new one has 5 wires. two are for the mirror operating mechanism and two are for the indicators.
    The last wire (Don't know what it is for) should be cut and left unconnected(of course with insulation to avoid short circuit). If you connect it, indicators will not work.
    3. Another checkpoint: the passenger side mirror assembly also contains the temperature sensor. After everything is connected, make sure the MID displays the temperature
    4. I didn't find any error on the MID. But I already have an error because of the tail lamps. It says "Check right side light" & "Check left side light". I don't know but you may get this same error.

Hope this helps...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great addition to your Punto Hemanth.
    You should train the technicians at FASC :).

BTW which accessory shop you have used, should be useful for new person to go get it fixed, rather than explaining all details again.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great work Hemanth. Do you have the pictures of the installation too?
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Ahh.... Just in time, when I needed. I actually smashed my left side ORVM (glass shattered) on one of the flyovers today morning and got it replaced at FASS.

I checked if the electrical mirror adjustment works. It works for up and down direction and not side ways. I guess the whole assembly has to be replaced.

If that is the case, then I will get the New Linea's ORVM with turn indicators installed. Would be a simple but elegant addition. Thanks for the thread Hemanth.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Does this any ways void the warranty or extended warranty if applicable on the car? I read on the forum that the outside temp sensor (displayed on centre console) is mounted on the left OVRM, was this display by any chance disturbed?

Surprising that Fiat workshop were clueless about the installation, goes to a great length to understand how the service for the new Linea is going to be.

Is it Hemanth.Anand as on the definitve forum??
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    FASC will not be clueless it is just that they might be told by the company to not install the OVRM indicators in the old linea and Punto. They just avoid aftermarket jobs at FASC.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really can't believe that FASS is clueless on this. They should have known the complete wiring even better than the outside electrician. They could have even wired directly from the source where the fender indicator gets its power. It may be just that they don't want to do this.
    sathishgv likes this.
  8. Fantastic Hemanth! Thank you very much for posting the details up here. If possible, could you please post the picture of the wire as you see it now in car [if it is visible between door and Car body]
  9. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    It was done in High Definition Cars in Jayanagar 4th T block (38th cross 16th A main)

Unfortunately I couldn't click pictures. I'll try to click the pictures of the wire atleast and post it here

I am ready to sell my old ORVMs if you are willing to buy :p

It will definitely void the warranty as a wire will be cut and left unconnected.
    Mine is past the warranty period so it doesn't make any difference to me.
    Yes the outside temperature sensor is in the passenger ORVM. It is working perfectly without any issues

Its not that they were clueless, they are not good in doing something new. Also they will not do things that are not in their standard tasks
    +1, the mechanics told me that we can somehow do it but the service Advisors told that they cannot do it. They are right in their position

I thought the photos give away enough information? :p
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Murphy_Fiat, Ravi and ghodlur like this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Have you checked if electric window controls are working in your car. 5 wires in new mirror would be indicator + ve, indicator - ve/earth, window motor + ve, window motor -ve/earth and then finally last wire for telling the motor in which direction to move.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014