1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2014 and Punto Evo from Faridabad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kaushal Singh, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All,

I'm Kaushal from Faridabad. Got bitten by the Fiat bug last year and now our family is the proud owner of Linea 2014 and Punto Evo.

Glad to join team fiat. Looking forward to my time here. :)

IMG_20140720_151518756.jpg

IMG_20150605_170907736.jpg
  2. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Kaushal, Welcome to TFI :)
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Kaushal, Welcome to TFI. That was double impact!
    Who's impact came first? Linea or Evo? And what made you to go for the 2nd FIAT?
  4. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks! It was the Linea that came in first July 2014 to be precise. We were looking for a second car for my wife exactly an year later.

Our budget was pegged around 4L and Alto K10 was our prime candidate. However tinny build dismal braking and safety just made us turn around. Then we thought of increasing the budget around to 5 L. That opened up a whole world of cars namely Beat, i10 grand, Brio, Celerio etc. Took test drives 1 by 1 and again tinny build, nervous handling and braking disappointed.

Punto was the last car in our test drive/consideration (since already had a Fiat) and Polo gave it a good contest. But lost on space and novelty. So Red Evo Dynamic (petrol) it was to be.

Cut the long story, I think it wouldn't have made a significant difference on which car came first. The Punto though a tad under powered ( for me and not for wife) at 68 BHP, really shines on refinement, ride, handling and braking. I swapped to Yoko earth 1 and the grip from tyre and chassis is just phenomenal. Coupled with superb steering, makes every corner a woo hoo moment. Not to mention she's a real head turner.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    pabhishek, Murphy_Fiat and Ganges like this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    This is surprising. Punto better than Linea.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Kaushal Singh

Heartiest congratulations on the Fiat twins and welcome to the forum. Good to see you covered both segments form Fiat family. Is the Evo 12 lt or 1.4 lts? Also which variant is your Linea MJD??

Suggest to start an ownership thread if possible one for each Fiat or you could combine too and post lots of pics. So share the buying experience too. The two contrasting colours for the Fiat is a treat to watch.
  7. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    No not comparing the two. While the Linea feels heavy, planted and muscular, the punto with light petrol engine feels like the ballerina on skates. Light and nimble. Both though belong to the same family have different feel and both cars are enjoyable to drive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    Thanks! Punto is the 1.2 (FIRE) Dynamic variant. The Linea MJD is Emotion. I'll definitely try and put up the ownership thread for both soon.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the Italian rides. welcome to the family
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Kaushal Singh , Thats one dream combo!! And those rims are looking smashing :)

Happy mile munching!