1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. I cant help but feel that i got a very good deal on my Linea emotion MJD. It was a May 2011 model bought on 1st October 2011 and i got it for 8,10000 on road...9,76120 looks very steep prise for the dynamic version which has same features of MJD emotion
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    8.1L is after the discounts and 9.76 is without any discounts and also with some price increase. The correct way to compare the prices would be OTR price of 2011 Linea Emotion without discounts and OTR price of 2012 Linea Dynamic in your City. Taxes also differ from state to state. Also, do remember that the current Dynamic has 2 airbags as well whereas your 2011 Emotion don't have.
  3. The current dynamic is equivalent to the Emotion Pack of the older Lineas.The Dynamic even has blue n me and 15" alloys.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Vignesh. Current dynamic doesn't come with Alloys. We can say that the current Dynamic = Previous Emotion pack - Alloys.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today i took a test drive of Punto Emotion Pack...The Handling Dept is same as old.
    The GC is the major change...i was literally searching for bigger potholes and Big Speed breakers ;) ..to my surprise
    not a single time the car got scrapped . Thats a great milestone in 2012.

Can the GC can be increased in Old puntos...? As i read somewhere that i can be possible. Any body can throw light please...
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Linea Dynamic does have 15'' alloys. The same ones which were found on older E pack Lineas.

Linea Emotion has the Jet's 16'' alloys.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. Its my bad :).
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    What a treat!!!! What a treat!!!!

The new linea is an absolute treat....

Just did the test drive at vijayawada jasper motors ....

The on road price for emotion is 10.85. Vijayawada

There seems to be more leg room than the older linea....

I was fearing the lower pull due to 16" rims... But the power delivery is so smooth an much better than the pull in my linea with 16" rims..

But when the engine was revved hard till 4k rpm.... There was comparitively more sound than the older one
    But this noise is only when the ac is switched on...

I have asked them to bring the test drive vehicle to chirala after pongal to which they agreed ...

Right now I'm in a restaurant on the way back to chirala...

Will upload the price list for both linea and punto once I reach home....
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Teky, It's nothing less than a social service for FIAT fans & those who are in the market for a new FIAT.
    Surely it has affected very profound looking stance of Linea & Punto with increased ground clearance but FIAT has to do some business in India. I am not sure though whether the handling/balance will remain intact at very high speeds which was mainstay of earlier models setting it unique from the rest.
    Gosh!! I hate it when such beauties are spoiled for business.I have pity on Punto on skinny tires just to fix it for Indian Budget. It appeared like a perfectly curved & healthy beauty whose legs are infected & deformed with Polio disease :A.

I think they are trying just too hard. They should be patient for another year or two. People are noticing their vehicles on roads. They would be a mainstream brand as they populate the roads more & more in next 2-3 yrs. If a vehicle is a routine sight on road, an average consumer won't be apprehensive any more.
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    here is the pricelist for linea and punto in vijayawada.....

IMG_0065q.jpg