1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Guys - I own MJD since July of 2011 and thought of exchanging with 2012, but going thru this thread I felt its stupidity to exchange MJD with MJD while my only concern is the GC! let's see if we can be given an option to upgrade the GC for exsiting MJDs!
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Teky for sharing the details!

One question though, can the new suspension setup be installed on the older version?
    If Yes, its going to be the greatest news for fellow TFIans.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. It should be possible and should be done along with ECU update as well. There are rumors about Fiat coming up with the upgrade kit for the existing owners. Lets wait and see.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Has there been any official news regarding changes to the ECU mapping being different from 2011?

FIAT people were denying anything has been changed in this regard.
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    There has to be a change of ecu
    Bcoz my linea with 16" rims gives me 4 Kim's less than my oem alloys both on highways and in the city...

In the city I barely get 12kmpl on average driving so Im driving extra carefully and maintaining the average close to 15 and 14
    drknaresh likes this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today was the launch of 2012 punto linea in my home town at KVR Kannur.
    Linea,
    Dash board looks smooth and glossy.

One of the new addition was absorb er on boot lid now the lid stayed where it is left.nice touch.

Leather seat made linea truly where it belongs.

altogether Linea looked much pleasing and well put together like T-jets.

Increased GC was nowhere noticeable so nothing to worry about looks

lets pic speak.

BTW I could not get what was the improvement meant by "super soft "clutch pedal , my punto 90 hp clutch feels even smoother and softer than these newer ones.

tomorrow I will try to TD if I get enough time.

_DSC1047.jpg

_DSC1057.jpg

_DSC1061.jpg

_DSC1062.jpg

_DSC1048.jpg
    4 people like this.
  7. I bought my Linea MJD in October and even then stated Fuel consumption as per ARAI figures as 20.4 for linea diesel. i belive the ARAI figure of 19 was for the old linea 2009 model which delivered 87 bhp instead of 93 bhp that the lineas manufactured post 2010.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For the 2011 Linea D it was 19.9 kmpl, not 19. And now it is 20.4. That's an increase of ~0.5kmpl.
  9. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    Guys, I had a Test Drive of Linea 2012 yesterday and here are the On road prices of Linea Dynamic and Emotion given by Concorde Motors(Cochin) . The On road price is at Cochin.
    Linea2012 price.JPG
  10. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    One thing that linea/punto beg for, is better ORVMs. get the multi-focal ones with aspheric zone for blind spots please!