1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I saw some were that 1.4 and T-Jet will coexist in Dynamic and Emotion variants.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday, I called the dealership folks here in Chennai to enquire about the T-Jet availability for 2012. They didn't have a clear picture but they told me that No 2012 T-Jet will be available till the refresh happens in another 4-5 months. 2012 GP 90 will be available anyway.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Like every other car manufacturer, FIAL is also sitting on the fence. If there is no further duty enhancement on diesel cars in the budget, every manufacturer would start cutting petrol car production & increase diesel cars in its portfolio. Doesn't make sense to take a call right now.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is not good that you will exchange your car within 2-3 years. I am assuming that you have done 50000 Km with it. As you have MJD its life span will be min 2L Km. So enjoy your MJD atleast for 5-7 years, execpt fit finish 2009 linea was not as bad as projected.

ex:- You need to sell your 2009 linea with max 7- 7.5 L, but for 2012 linea you have to pay 3-3.5 L more after selling your current linea, spend 50K with customizing like speakers,amp, alloy etc and save this 3L as FD for 4-5 years span, you will get good return of it.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if someone is very much bugged up with the interiors spend 50000 rs and go to modifiers, strip apart the dashboard , cover all the plastics with leather, dual tone and get a mercedes/porsche type interiors.
    dont exchange 1.3MJD for 1.3MJD.
    3 people like this.
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Was just curious to know, that's why i mentioned "worth"... :) Wish they re-tune the old MJD's!
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, very true, go to Stanley or good leather company and tell them I need to customize my dash and door with leather, change it and show it to others. I think many of your friend will pay any to get your customized Punto/Linea if you want to sell it. I am preety sure you will not sell it for ever ;). This is the next thing I will do also.
    Customizing:- Good polish by 3M, Amp installation & Speaker change, may be leather customized interior also;).
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    Hello friends I am really satisfied with the new Linea and its Features. The most nightmare for my Linea is the Ground Clearance, cheers to Fiat they have resolved it in 2012.
    But the question is for the existing owner’s line me. Will Fiat help us in resolving the GC ? If so what will be the cost and technical aspect. I have already compared the 2012 model with the existing Linea. The Tyre size and Alloy wheel is same expect for emotion which has 16" alloy. What my linea is having is only 15" alloy with 195/60 R15, this is the same for active and Dynamic. But emotion has 205/55 R16. So I am sure that the change in size due to suspension changes. So how can it be done without burning our pocket?
    Another thing I noticed is the Fuel efficiency is more in 2012 than the past model. The Fuel efficiency for 2012 is 20.4 Km/Lit. The old one was having 19 km/lit and what I am getting is only 13km/lit. I think there might be an ECU remapping done in new 2012 Linea. Will the existing Linea will get the ecu remapping, IF so?

Another thing what Fiat announced I welcome it whole heartedly is the move to have their own showroom and service centre. If you join with any other they will not give fiat preference, everyone knows “if it’s my baby I will take care of it with care, but no one will take care of a neighbour’s baby, if they do also they will do very less only. Even in my first feed back to FIAT after I took the car I mentioned it. Thank you very much for doing this at last. Why FIAT want to join with someone since they have the technical knowhow.

Harry
  9. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Harry - I too had the same question, I did go thur this entier thread and you can see that there are some news for existing owner. Also, I commted with "Fiat-India" thru facebook yesterday about this and I got a reply saying that they will have to check with the engineers and design team before they give us some commitment. I am hoping to get further news from them shortly. Let's hope that Fiat will consider the exsiting owner's request :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You would get answers to most of your questions if you go through this thread :).