1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Personally I feel rather than providing these they should have provided heated rear view wing mirrors and improved music system. Cost wise it would have remained the same but would have been more popular.
  2. issac

issac Timido

Thanks guys for the review :up
    Has there been any improvement in turning radius?
    What about the music system, how is the sound?
  3. teky

teky Esperto

It's reduced apparently, but don't remember the exact numbers.

We didn't switch on the music system ;-). That said I don't think there wouldn't been any improvements.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Linea has a heated rear wing mirror imo, read it in a manual.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

^^^No. It does not have heated ORVM. In 2009 when I got my Linea, I remember having read somewhere that Linea has heated ORVM - don't remember was it on brochure or a website comparison which I researched. I asked Sales Exe when I was TDing Linea. Though he said No, I still believed it had heated ORVM:eek: thinking Sales Exe does not know as usual. I even tried couple of times after I got my Linea;). But No, Linea does not have heated ORVM's.
  6. Thanks for the review. I am pleased that the handling & ride quality hasn't been compromised at least in the case of Linea. Agreed that high G.C has taken some of its looks but it has added practicality in its place.
    Some questions for you guys?
    1) Is Engine tuning changed noticeable. I guess that you change gears at the same speed way you do in your Linea. wasn't any difference noticed in turbo lag, pickup ?
    2) The clutch seems to be lighter. But has the clutch travel been shortened?
    3) Has turning radius being shortened in the Linea, if yes was it noticeable?
    4) How is the braking ? Has the new suspension changed the braking in a positive or negative way?
    5) Have the speakers been upgraded?
    6) Has the increased have effect in the view of the road from the driver's seat, is the change noticeable?
    Wasn't the Punto available for Test drive, hope you guys get to drive in soon and post the experience
    BTW, is it the same test drive report as that on Team-Bhp
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Not really as mentioned in the thread already. We would need to drive it again after it has posted some miles on odo.

The travel is still the same, But it's far more easier to use now

Again already mentioned in the previous posts Yes, But not by huge margin

We didn't really test this, But whilst parking speeds Sathya mentioned about the whole body traveling in the front before settling down. Probably he can explain it in better terms, but in the rear I didn't feel anything.

Already mentioned, We didn't switch on the Music system. That was the last priority for us and I still believe it would be the same old one's.

As mentioned in the opening post yes, It's a bit more commanding.

Not yet, hopefully next week.
  8. sathya_sc

My comments / answers inline..

9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    how come better?

Logically due to raised stance, line of sight is going to be further ahead.
  10. Teky/Ramjn,

Superb and very professional report. Fact is i am not going to read Team BHP or any other auto magazine's report on Linea this time as your report very unbiased and to the point.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

1+ to that my car has done 30300 on Odo, it pulls much faster than before.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I agree with you,while acceleration from standstill not that great but once car is in highway in powerband it can challenge any car even one segment higher.

I missed you in my first post, great job in coming out with report.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012