1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. nice review guys.I think I should have joined you people than me going alone.Anyways I felt that clutch to be very soft and this was the case in my car when the Clutch assembly was changed under warranty.After a few 100 kms the clutch will become like our cars.That car had only 41kms on the ODO when i took it for a spin.So i think it needs to open up and i felt the car was spirited to drive in comparison with a 2009 LINEA
  2. naveenb

naveenb

Bangalore
    Nice and crisp review on fiat linea 2012. The best I could find on the net today. Thanks for the report guys and appreciate you spending time on the same.

Were you guys able to test the Linea Dynamic 2012 as it is almost same as previous Linea Emotion Pack 2011. This should show up the difference in acceleration due to tyre upgrades as Dynamic still has the old set of tyres. This would let us know whether the acceleration compromise is only due to upgraded tyres or due to engine tuning.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I really think there should only be one model of TJet - TJet+. There is no point in confusing the market further.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Nice reviews Teky,Ramjn and sathya.It was obvious that there would be little lag in the initial pickup due to wider rubber.Another retro kit upgrade on its way for the GC?? Im Lovin' It :-D
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Vignesh, it was totally unplanned and we gathered at Concorde in a matter of 1 hour after connecting with each other :).
    You should drive my/linealover's Linea. My car is now pulling so fast. Linealover's car is even better as he has now completed 30k+.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    As you wish and whatever is feasible.. I am fine with any approach, at the end of the day.. readability has to be improved. Thats all.

This is one place where I have my doubts in acceleration and more importantly handling too. Two points why i want to check handling for the dynamic variant-

1. In MJD Emotion, the tyres and 16 inch alloys would have helped in increase in GC by 5mm out of the total 24mm (remember the earlier petrol ones were 165mm and T-Jet increased it by 5mm to 170 due to alloy size..)
    2. So in a dynamic variant, all of the GC increase i.e. 24mm, has to be attributed to the suspension set up if the tyre size remains the same as of earlier Linea. Hence the curiosity to check its handling!

And I always feel to downsize even my T-Jets tyres to get more performance (power is always not enough), so I always keep applying the same logic in the MJD as well (Dynamic slightly faster in acc. than the emotion??). In my pespective, 195 is more than enough to assist handling.

100% true.. Had the opportunity to drive LineaLovers car in the highway when we were returning from Kotagiri. 1st and 2nd were great in his car.. like it was free revving (esp. the 2nd). So this attributes to the car getting to free up as we put a decent mileage on her.. and more importantly, he gave me a very tough time to stay ahead even with me revving the T-Jet to the red-line. So his MJD was definitely was NOT a slouch.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    very nice review guys. well done. but i dont see any substantial increase in the plastic texture or quality at all. also the rubber beading shown is very similar to my linea. its just that its polished well.

did you guys notice any tuning change? some magazines said fiat has done some fine tuning.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Plastic quality = similar to TJet+ or slightly better..
    No "perceivable" tuning changes according to me. Even if it was there, it was not for performance but for FE. Teky/Ramesh.. whats your take guys on the tuning related changes?
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Avinash,

No point in exchanging. Exception would be 1.6 MJD, if that gets launched at future date, lot of exchanges would be seen
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    one should not even think of exchanging old linea with new one. its not worth the cost lost in exchanging.

you are correct. if its 1.6MJD then one can easily upgrade.

for a person like me, i dont need auto headlights and wipers as i like to control them on my own.

the ground clearance can be increased if not to 185 but to 175 by just changing suspensions- that too when they go bad. once a person gets used to linea he doesnt scrape.

tuning changes can be incorporated by ECU reflash- which fiat should do openly if they have really done something.