1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    The most significant thing that comes to my mind is to plonk in an inter-cooler and bump up the power and torque to the European specifications. The others of course can be the 17 inchers and if they are bold, the dualogic gear box can be a great lure for city commuters. Apart from these there can be loads of frills that can be thrown in from competition(read Fludic Verna).
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes 2012 Cars..Actually they are in testing from 2011...I'm not sure about the intercooler but as planned it'll come with 17" alloys and might be better quality interiors.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I honestly dont think Fluidic Verna poses any competition/threat/benchmark. I would rather prefer the understated but classy interiors of Linea anyday.

Maybe they could think of adding a sunroof?
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I read somewhere on the net that Tjet has an inter-cooler. Its at the bottom right ahead of the AC condenser (which in turn is in front of the radiator).
  5. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    I didn't mean the design part of it which I completely agree that the Linea simply put is just representative of sheer beauty while the fluidic verna which is all its glitz and glamour. That is something in the Linea that I largely wish never changes except personally I would prefer the front grill of the Bravo. Coming to think of it, that car (Bravo) again is a also true representation of how an automobile can be so beautiful.

What I meant when I said the T-Jet could poach from the Fluidic verna, were the sheer amount of bells and whistles it comes with, starting from its reverse parking system, auto dimming mirrors, electrically retractable wing mirrors with LED turn indicators etc. While, a sun roof is something that may be appreciated by some, I personally don't believe its a feature appropriate for the sub continent. What can set a benchmark in the segment though especially since the T-Jet is positioned as a performance car would be the addition of ESP.

I keep hearing conflicting opinion on this, and i suspect that the inter-cooler could be present. I was only reiterating what has been said by many experts and the media in their reviews. I guess the power difference with the European specs is a function of the state of tune in the ECU and not the absence of the inter cooler.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, pop open your Jet's bonnet and check it out !

Follow the intake piping once it exits the turbocharger and starts its journey towards the engine intake and you shall know if an intercooler is present enroute or not.

Cheers.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What are the upgrades planned for 90 HP Punto? Isn't the new model already available?
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    New upgrades like 16" alloys, might be black leather seats also. Because it is top of the line.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Also, cruise control? Though personally, I don't want that, because it will take away the fun of driving this car on highways.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    To Teky , Sathya, ramjn and who have driven both dynamic and emotion linea 2012 mjd:

How is ride comfort and handling different between these two variant as tyre size is different.