1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 2012 - Short Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by teky, Jan 7, 2012.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

the drivability has not been affected my friend, in a way it has been made better than the previous versions.(stiffer front springs)
    the rear seat comfort in linea has increased to a very high extent.(softer rear springs)

how do i know???? because i use a 2010 dec linea with 16" rims and i've driven a 2012 linea with 16" rims for more than 25 kms on the highway today.( with speeds over 140kmph) the car still handles like breeze.
    theres one more thing.... even with the bigger rims and fatter tyre, the steering is much smoother and lighter at low speeds. ( the weightage is sufficient even at high speeds).....
    2 people like this.
  2. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    so is there any conformation that the ECU is remapped from FIAT?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I am also getting only 12 to 13 km/lit. my linea has done 5.5K now. How much km did your linea completed. How is the milege for long drives.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

yes the ecu has been updated. i am able to say this because i've felt the difference. my linea finds it a bit difficult to run with the 16" rims at times in the first gear- say at a slope or something......

but the new linea is way better because the first gear is not like mine. even with the 16" rims it pulls very easily. test drive it to know it personally....

and the mileage- your car is still new with the odo at 5.5k it will increase surely.
    with the 15" rims on the highways, i used to get an average of 23-24 at speeds of 100- 110. i keep the speed buzzer at 115 and do not cross it.
    now with the 16" rims i get about 19-20 with ac and two people on board.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

but the new linea is way better because the first gear is not like mine. even with the 16" rims it pulls very easily. test drive it to know it personally....

Jayakrishna, very interesting update. In fact very important about 2012 Punto & Linea. Could you elaborate it more pl?
    Do you mean now the 1st gear is not (in existing models it feels over revved at 15-20 kmph). It also affects 0-100 timings big time.

If 1st gear is substantially improved, what do you say about improvement in 0-100 in 2012 models?
  5. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    Today I had taken my family for the Linea TD. Concorde motors has offered me a 2011 Linea Emotion PK MJD for on Road price of 9.39 lakhs. And the 2012 Linea 2012 Dynamic for 9.76 lakhs.

I think the main differences are
    *Improved GC
    *Improved AC
    *Auto Headlamps
    *Auto rain wipers

Rest of the features are same.

I am unable to take a call, please help.
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

when i say the 1st gear is better, i mean the effort taken by the engine is less than the older ones.

my linea has to be revved a little hard to pull soon in traffic( since i'm using 16"rims) . but otherwise my linea is fine. but the new one doesnt have to be revved as much as i do in my linea.
    and yes the gear ratios are still small so you will feel the engine being revved a lot at 15-20 kmph.

i'm sure that i'll not be doing any 0-100 dash anytime with my linea so i wouldnt mind the change in the times.

but the 2012 dynamic linea will have a much better pic up with the smaller rim diameter.

just do a test drive and you'll notice the difference . there is a noticable difference between the existing and 2012 models.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Isaac, are you sure Dynamic has features of auto headlamps and rain wipers? I think these features are in emotion. Still, it would make sense to go with the 2012 dynamic. Even if you buy a 2011 Linea, sooner or later you might want to jack up that GC and that will cost money. Better to get a package in such a case rather than get tinkering done after purchase, especially since you have an option.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps are available on ALL the variants of the Linea. FIAT FTW !
  9. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    sir ji we are waiting for the complete(not little ,not short, .....exhaustive road test report ) of 2012 fiat linea and punto by u
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    You can see my review on Carsnbikes.in today.. In details :)