1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 125S or Abarth Avventura

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rusticnomad, Aug 4, 2016.

1. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    No doubt, wait for Urban cross till september.

Its got everything you need.

1. 1.4 Tjet with 140PS/210Nm - almost equal to Abarth and more than linea 125s
    2. Good GC
    3. Premium interiors - From the Expo shots , looks similar to maserati interiors.
    4. 17" inch alloy
    5. touchscreen infotainment
    6. Price Under 10 L

Same old gearbox , but its nothing to complain about when you are cruising with that kind of power and steering.

What more could you ask for?

I think fiat has finally nailed it with urban cross.

I too was thinking of abarth , but now gladly waiting for Urban cross.
  2. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks everyone for all the inputs.

I mailed service.india@fca and got a bot reply. Then Western region head sent another bot like reply asking me for my contact details. I emailed back asking for details that I wanted wrt TD etc and got no reply in 2 days. Then have forwarded again the same queries to him and this time with a CC to Mr Mangesh on 11th.

Sometimes, it makes me wonder why the sales guys at FCA are so reluctant to reply to mails also? They aren't selling much as it is. Same situation had arisen when last year I pushed my nephew for Avventura Abarth and he was willing but also got no response wrt TD queries to dealer, FCA and so he went ahead and bought Honda Jazz.

Wonder if I should be looking at Skoda Rapid now. Or maybe postpone all buying decisions to 2017 first quarter when everything from FCA will have discounts running, specially on the 2016 stocks lying unsold.

I heard Mustang at 80 lacs+ OTR sells more than Abarth twins. It's a PITY that FCA doesn't seem aggressive on marketing at all.
  3. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    If you are looking for discounts then to wait is good idea. If 500 liters boot space is necessary then consider Linea 125s otherwise Abarth Avventura is the way to go. I would say Linea is way ahead of Skoda Rapid as far as driving dynamics and spare parts cost is lesser than that of Skoda Rapid.
    PradeepM and rusticnomad like this.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    No FIAT dealers in MP now. Service center still functional.

Talking to Western region FCA sales guy gets me a usual bot like answer.
    We are trying to have one dealer in Indore. But if you can travel to some place where there's a dealer we can arrange a TD. Didn't even seem interested in making a sale. Too busy was the reason for not replying over email. Hmm busy with no dealers in entire MP?

And, the funny part is FCA gave a half page ad in Dainik Bhaskar - Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior -- few days ago, citing only toll free number and the ad was only for T-Jet version of vehicles. Rudder less or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing? Can't arrange T-Jet TD vehicles and advertising T-Jet version in leading news paper of MP. A real joke.
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    So friends!

In light of my previous post, is FCA becoming a risky bet? What other options -- Duster?
    Rapid I like, but scared of Huge Maint costs.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thats really sad that the entire state doesnt have a single FCA dealership. Its quite difficult to suggest a good turbo petrol option as you are left with either Ecosport 1.0 ecoboost or Polo 1.2 TSI/Jetta 1.4TSI. Ecosport would fall in the same budget and should be ok to maintain, but the VAG cars are definitely a lot more expensive to maintain. Following is the estimated yearly service cost for VAG's cheapest option:

Estimated Service Costs for VW Polo:
    » Estimate Service Costs of Rs. 10,000 - 11,000 for Polo Diesel (Every 15,000 Kms)

» Estimate Service Costs of Rs. 7000 - 7500 for Polo Petrol (15K, 45K, 75K) & Rs. 9000 - 10000 for (30K, 60K, 90K Service)

Source: http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_latestnews&view=detail&n_id=511&Itemid=10

The VAG spare parts cost a bomb anyways.

Ecosport 1.0 is also a good option but a 1.4 Abarth/T-JET is way more exciting to drive.

You would have various options if you consider diesel though, but would have to compromise on the best power(T-JET)+ride+handling+steering+brakes combo. S-Cross 1.6, Duster/Terrano and Ecosport would be the closest in regards with FTD factor.

BTW @rusticnomad how far is the nearest dealer?
    rusticnomad and PradeepM like this.
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy

WRT nearest dealer - Per their call center : ~One way drive of ~800km to Raipur. They have the temerity to tell me contact Raipur dealer

I am sure their Urban Cross will also be a BIG FAIL. They seem to be becoming a South India only company.

On Polo etc: Never. My nephew still owns one. Costs a bomb every time it goes to workshop even for a regular service. He finally bought Honda Jazz after he also failed to get a TD of Avventura Abarth, last year (that time Indore dealership was active) and since Polo is down to minimal runs in Kolkatta (he is in Indore), he is planning to sell once EMI gets over.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3

There is nothing at all to think here, find a different manufacturer period.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Unless and only unless you feel assured about your familiar old FASS at Indore? Actually, perhaps still not? Well, you're in no hurry, are you? If you feel ready, and given the sheer poverty of choices (although i'd look closely at the upcoming Tata Hexa which sounds like it'll be coming with the 2litre multijet, to also figure on the 2018 Tata Safari replacements and of course the 2017 Jeep c-suv? Or the much smaller Nexon) you could wait: there's bound to be a Jeep-Fiat combined dealership or two opening (well?)before mid-2017 i.e., the Jeep c-suv launch, in MP, if not in Indore then Bhopal? The email chappie's not going to let on any details, even if he knows, which is unlikely.

@rusticnomad
    rusticnomad and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What a Pathetic situation. This is exactly how Fiat lost the plot...not on cars but on dealerships.

Mumbai which has it's fair share of Fiats closest Metro to it's factory has no dealer!!! It's been almost a year now I suppose. There are atleast 20ppl I personally knew who were high on Abarth, but no one wishes to buy a car without a dealership!

Fiat needs to now accept fate that not everyone is willing to put 4-5cr into their dealership. What they need to accept is financing their own Fiat Showrooms not thru dealers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 25, 2016 ---
    Or maybe take a cue from the Italian MotoPlex concept by Piaggio. Here Piaggio sells all the brands which are owned by them including their own, Piaggio-Vespa, Aprillia, Motto-Guzzi. This not only makes them easier to sell & market the bikes but at the same time addresses service and dealer issues due to lack of sheer number of models or categories.

Similarly Fiat could club in single large Italian (or FCA) AutoPlex which sells Fiat, Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Abarth and Jeep+Dodge. With such a large choice buyers will be more attracted.

Now one could argue that Brands like Ferrari Maserati would loose value tagged along with Fiat or Jeep but I feel it'll exactly be the other way round. Brands like Ferrari & Maserati are just too far off to get affected, their audience is small & focused enough & informed enough to know that these brands are owned by FCA. And those who're out for buying a Ferrari for them FCA makes no difference, their buying the Ferrari heritage & whoever owns them makes no difference to it. But when common people come to know that Fiat & Jeep/ Dodge are from the same company will actually increase the brand respect for them.