1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 125S or Abarth Avventura

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rusticnomad, Aug 4, 2016.

1. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Looks like that I may be having some spare cash by Diwali this year.
    Have the itch to spend on a car. Now in a fix -- which one to buy

Linea 125S
    Avventura Abarth

With a diff of just 10K between the two, the confusion increases all the more.

@prabhjot @asimpleson and others, please try and help me clearing this confusion.

Or, should I be looking at something else -- with a heavy heart of course.

All depends on whether I will have the cash to spare, but if there are no party spoilers, I may be having some to spare. Pre face-lift T-jet (MY 2014) is in my stable ... shared between me and my brother. Since my son isn't planning to join job and stay with us, Figo will be all for him at least for another year or so. M800 we just sold.

This would be the last car for some time as next would be aiming for BMW whenever that happens :)

Mod Note : Thread moved to appropriate section.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Urban Cross is also expected in September
    rusticnomad likes this.
  3. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Ok, let's add that too to the list. However, don't expect discounts within a month of launch on UC
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Why you want discounts , get a fresh latest model in the market . Show Off your car :)
    rusticnomad likes this.
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    You have a point but Indian mentality after all, and six months down the line discounts would automatically be offered on this too :)
    Let's see how it is priced versus the 125S, and whether it comes with 17 inch wheels as was shown in Auto Expo.
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi sir.

You already have the better-styled, pre-facelift Linea t-jet. So: the Abarth Avventura, then, clearly: same engine family but amped-up plus those 'young' looks! ;-) Although the Urban Cross may well have the bling-factor too, a bit more of the show-shaa-baazi + the touchscreen, to go with the Abarth-like t-jet engine?

cheers

@rusticnomad
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot -- Pl don't call me sir

Isn't everything from now on going to have that touchscreen stuff. Only thing useful there would be the integrated navigation and reversing camera across all models? Other than that, not a big fan of touch screen -- from the old school ;)

Me and my brother have been discussing this as part of pre-planning. He says for 10K more you get a full fledged sedan. I say we already have one sedan so why not go for Avventura. So one for long drives and one for the city. 125S has a lower FE compared to Avventura Abarth, in fact lower than the regular Linea T-Jet too. Though, FE point is not that important.

Urban Cross, if priced way below Avventura Abarth, then it does get into the race as a better one for city wrt parking space
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad, I personally wouldn't have more than one tjet or variants should I need extra cars. I would rather suggest a 90hp mjd Punto EVO. But again I am not aware of your usage pattern. If however you do need an extra petrol car Avvy Tjet is better and would offer some better bad roads or rugged suspension and weight hauling capabilities while not compromising city drives.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  9. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Go for Avventura, I own one. Pure bliss and best for our own Indian roads.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
    GANESH H and rusticnomad like this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate,

There is no much price difference between the Avvy powered by Abarth and the Abarth Evo. The Abarth Evo in black (my opinion) is a head turner and an unbeatable scorcher in today's market (segment wise) plus the exclusivity. Since you have mentioned that this would be a second car so relatively the run would be less and so I really admire the cars you have short listed which shows your keenness to retain the fun factor (you are a rare breed in today's Indian market :)).

If Avvy is the choice then I too would advice you to hold for a while for the Urban Cross to be launched, somehow I feel that interior and the overall feel of the car is a notch above and qualifies to be called premium.

All the best in your decision making.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.