1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.4 Fire Emotion Ac blower stops intermitently

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by SanketGajane, Sep 1, 2015.

1. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The AC blower in my 1.4 Fire Linea Emotion stops intermitently for like 2-3 sec but then starts back.
    Some online help sections mentioned it to be a problem with Resistor pack which costs a bomb 2.4k for climate control model:arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyone faced similar issue?

Is the resistor pack same for 1.3 MJD and 1.4 Fire?

Where is the location of the resistor pack?

Any help appreciated :)
  2. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    By the way the issue started appearing after I changes the pollen filter. Have replaced the wiremesh filter with paper element filter. Though this should not be related, wondering if while changing the filter any wires were pulled accidently causing loose contact.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Paper element filter creates more barrier for air flow. For sure fan has to work harder when you put paper element filter. May be the fan was about to die and paper filter has brought the failure closer.
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Thought about that, have already cleaned the wiremesh filter and will swap it back today and see if there is any change. :nailbiting:

I have test the fan speed today and from low to high it is working fine. Infact at high the air flow is full blast.:happy:
    The previous wiremesh filter was fully clogged because of which the flow through the side vents was very low but with new paper filter(though flow will be low compared to new wiremesh one) the air flow from all vents has increased.

The intermittent blower stop (5-8 secs) happened thrice since yesterday in a span of 180 kms. I drive with 100% ac on.

Are there any wires near the pollen filter box which are intended for the blower or resistor? I could have stirred things while changin the pollen filter.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
  5. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Blower is right below the pollen filter area (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore there is a remote possibility of messing up the wiring or some connections around it.
  6. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Ok the problem is back. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

After about 10 days of peace the same issue. Blower switches OFF/ON.

• Compressor is ON, works fine. Can hear the comp. clutch kickin in.
    • AC cooling is good, no issues here
    • The fan speed does not matter, checked with all speed levels (mine is with climate control) issue is seen
    • While everything is fine, all of sudden the blower switches off and then on. The time taken between on/of varies. Sometimes it stays off for 5-10 sec and sometimes for a minute.
    My observations:
    • There are 2 connector for the blower, one seems to be loose, just re plugged it back(Black/Orange). Will test for a drive and report back.
    • The Red/Black connector looks ok
    • The Black/orange connector becomes hot when AC is on(i.e. blower is running)

Is the black/orange connector being hot a normal phenomenon? Due to the current draw probably?
    Where is the blower resistor located?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2015 ---
    Below the connector which gets hot and I suspect it to be loose.
    What is the purpose of it? Power connector or from resistor?

P1030270_r.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 15, 2015 ---
    @vIjAy_kHaSa
    Any suggestions for this ac problem?
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Update:
    The problem persists though at a very low frequency i.e. : once a week

I removed and replugged the connectors to the blower and the issue became less frequent.
    Could have been a loose connector issue is what I feel. But the problem showing up randomly once a week or so also tends me to believe that It could be the resistor giving up, only time will tell.

Did not face the issue at all for 10 days on my Mum-Goa-Mum trip last week. But yesterday saw it happen just for 2 sec when the blower went off but came back ;)