1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It seems that there is differance in ECU firmware of 75 HP & 90 HP?I had disconnected MAF of my 75 HP GP & runned the car.No CEL . Still engine started. No differance in power .Only ecu error was stored.
  2. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    Then the sensor is working fine . lastly get a compression check done .
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    hi,
    i checked it...disconnected the sensor and drove..no warning lights or anything appeared on the MID..in performance also there were no changes..
    today when i acelerated the engine above 2000rpm(when the car is parked,not running) i felt a slight blow of air from near the hose of the turbo..near from the pipe connects with the turbo..does it indicates any air leak?
  4. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    hi all,
    i have done an ECU reset by disconnecting the battery terminals and kept the key in 'MAR' position for 30 minutes...also i used 'ABRO DIESEL FUEL TREATMENT' along with diesel...anyways my car's FE has increased much and on a recent trip to coimbatore i got 17.3kmpl...THANKS A LOT for all my fellow TFIians...you people advised me to do this and helped me a lot with your advices and suggestions...and i must say it was an issue that even fiat engineers couldn't sort out or rectify..and hope the issue wont pop up..
    Thanks and cheers
  5. Abhinav Sharma

Abhinav Sharma Novizio

Nagpur
    Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is any chance mileage reduces after 60K Service, as currently in Nagpur Temp.in this summers is 46-47C, and i used to drive my punto MJD 75bhp with AC atleast for 25km/day. Getting mileage of 13KM/ltr. Is it OK or something to worry...??
  6. vishirich

vishirich Timido

Pune

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem you explained. After 1600 rpm my MJD runs perfectly well. But below 1600 it is very sluggish.

Also i noticed if i switch off ac before 1600 sluggishness is less and car accelerates OK. But With AC on and below 1600 it resist to move .... Even with full throttle it does not move .. neither the engine crank or vibrate...

Kindly advice what you did to resolve your problem.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Actually weak battery also have effects on car pick and performance. Chk
  8. gopikiran

gopikiran Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    i have also the same problem. did you find solutions. could you please update me. i