1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    ok .. Have you left your car unused for extended periods of time ? If so please ask the service centre to check the valves and the injectors . Ask the service guys to check if there is a difference in the engine noise . Even for brand new cars the cars are in storage for extended periods of time ,especially Fiat cars due to low sales .
    Also try disconnecting the air mass sensor and drive the car . Let us know if you find any difference in mileage . When you disconnect the air mass sensor you might get a warning or an error , just ignore it .
  2. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    for me mostly i will be using the car once or twice a week...the srevice guys hav done all the things they can..they have cleaned the valve and all...
    how to disconnect the air mass sensor??pls advise
  3. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai

airmass.jpg

Do you see a connector next to the hose pipe from the air filter to the turbo ? just remove the connector and then drive . Let us know if there is a change in the mileage or pick up .
  4. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    airmass.jpg

edited the pic ..mods can you please remove the previous pic ?
  5. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    ok.got it..i will check and will tell you..
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How does disconnecting the air mass sensor helps in improving the pickup and mileage. Please throw more light on it. :)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It is there for a reason and disconnecting it will not lead to any gains whatsoever. ;) Only if the MAF has completely died that you might feel a difference. But I am not sure about that.

Cheers.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    But which pump?Low Pressure pump located inside of fuel tank ORHigh Pressure pump (CRi) pump ?One officer of Bharat Petroleum told he had same problem to his Indigo CS.Culprit was fuel pump inside of tank.Even Pulsar 220 Fi also gives this type of problem if fuel pump inside of fuel tank is faulty
  9. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    The connector is disconnected to see if the air flow sensor is functioning properly . The sensor is vital for metering and depending on the flow of air .. the ECU calculates how much of air at what temperature goes into the engine . Accordingly the ecu will let the injectors squirt the right quantity of diesel . If the sensor reports less /more air flow than what is going through then you have a problem

- - - Merged Post - - -

completely died is as good as removing the connections . There are at times when the MAF can be functioning properly and intermittently problems might crop up . Diagnosing the MAF can be quite tricky IMHO .
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

While my 90HP was at FASS, the MAF was disconnected and the examiner was plugged to the OBD port of the car. Since the MAF was disconnected, the CEL came up and an error was stored, and the car did not start, if my memory is serving me right. The MAF was connected, DTC was cleared and then the diagnostics happened.