1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Today i got an update from the dealer that issue was rectified by realigning the clutch pedal switch. They got this update from Fiat india for the power loss issue for Linea and Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  2. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    is this a FOC update for all the linea/punto customers?
    also pls tell from which service center you are getting your car serviced (in kannur)
  3. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Today I got the car I drove it for few kilometres but the same problem persists. The power loss s felt and as soon as I switch off and switch on the engine the problem dissappears. I don't know why Fiat is not providing any solutions. I think all illiterate engineers are working in Fiat engine or else tell Fiat India to stop car manufacturing businEss if they can't sort out this problem.
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Check the fuel pump. Try replacing it and test drive it. A faulty fuel pump can create such problems.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You hit the nail. I have same experience of this type of silly problem for twice.To my former FGT & currently in my 90 HP.I am scaring to purchase next MJD car due to this.P.S.- I own another car having MJD engine fitted having another brand name.Drove for 60000 km. Never faced this type of weired problem.
    1 person likes this.
  6. This can happen in any car just not limited to MJD.
  7. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    But Fiat is not able to rectify this problem.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Fiat better find some solution for this. Are you hearing FIAT???
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Vipin - What RPM's do you drive - do you shift early? In VGT's RPM's play a big role in FE. Do you lug your engine - ie., drive at lower RPM's with higher gears?
  10. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    no,i dont use to drive in higher gears at lower rpm...and also i used to get a good FE before some months.. then it decreased..and after the ECU reprogramming im getting 14.8kmpl
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013