1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    with these speeds you should get 20+ on four lane highways! i am assuming you drive on two lane undivided highways filled with traffic mostly!

have you noticed too much of black smoke coming out?
  2. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    Just a simple test to know the driving style/conditions. Can you reset the trip meter and run for a minimum of 50kms and come back with the Avg Speed, Time and FE please? Just looking at the FE alone will not be enough.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    no in four line highways and all i used to get around 18-18.5 kmpl mileage...but never obtained above 20kmpl...also im feeling a lack of perfomance when compared to the initial days ...i mean the car is straining to touch the 100 or 110kmph speed,and when i told about this to the SA,they test drove and are saying that everything is fine...
    regarding the black smoke i think there is no suchthing any way i will check it and tell you.

- - - Merged Post - - -

as im not keeping well,im in bedrest,,so when ever i get alright i wil check it..also as you are from ernakulam can you please tell me what mileage you are getting in ernakulam city as well as highways(with AC on always)

- - - Merged Post - - -

but i didnt get above 18-18.5 kmpl..and can you please say what you meant by MID?
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

MID-Multi Information Display
  5. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    I always drive with A/c on, in Ernakulam, inside city the mileage usually I get is 13-14kmpl, it will also come down to 11-13kmpl on heavy traffic days. But when on highways it is mostly in 18-19 range. I have also got 24.2kmpl on a steady run from Kochi to Cherthala. vyttila-cherthalai.jpg
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It seems that solution on powerloss found.See this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbdY1rymBJgWorking of VGT is shown.Accuator of VGT turbo operates as per rise in RPM.High RPM high vaccum. High vaccum more opening of vanes of VGT.It works like Vaccum Ignition Timing Advancer in petrol engine.Today I checked VGT of Maruti SX4. At high RPM vane of turbo opens more wide.But my VGT stays at fixed position even I rev engine upto 4000 RPM.Means something is wrong in my 90 HP. & I am unnecessary fighting with petrol pump owners.All VGT owners facing problem of powerloss:-Ensure that the accuator of your VGT is varying as per rise in RPM.If not 2 possibilities are there.1) Diaphragm of accuator may puncture.2) Due to vaccum leak there is low vaccum to accuator of turbo.Less opening of vanes of VGT means less boost from turbo.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bhai, problem solved!!
    Go to a Diesel Pump instead of Petrol because 90 HP's recommended fuel is diesel::pP.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    I am really frustrated with this problem which has cropped up again but it vanishes as soon as i switch off and switch on the engine.
  9. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    even the fiat engineers cant sort out the problem,and i think this is a common issue for almost all fiat multijet cars...so the company should find out the problem and call back these cars for fixing it at free of cost..
    BTW nishweth from where you are srevicing your car now..because i got a call from my service center that from now on i must goto hyson fiat,thrissur as tata dealership wont deal with fiat anymore
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I used to face this problem around 60k mark that after spirited drive car used to feel low on power and pull used to come beyond 2500 rpm only. After the air filter box , turbo pipe replacement, timing chain replacement, engine bay fuse box cleaning and fuel pump relay replacement I haven't faced this problem again.
    1 person likes this.