1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    hi,
    i got my car back before two days...the CRM told that the Fiat engineers have replaced theECU ..
    but still there is no change in the fuel efficiency of my car..and also i dont feel any change or improvement ..still im getting a FE below 15 kmpl..what to do now..??

it will be so much helpful if you give me the e-mail ids or the contact details of the concernd persons of FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES...since hey are not even responding to the complaints i registered in the grievance portal in their website..
    please advice me what action should i take now..
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Replaced ecu but not getting milege? OK let's forget this problem for some time.

But what about problem of low power & sluggishness?
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    that problem of sluggishness didnt appeared after that..and as it is unpredictable,i have to wait some more time whether it appear again or not.and in the case of power, i feel the engine is taking more strain when speeding more than 80kmph..
    also i couldnt feel the sudden kick in of turbo..after crossing the 2000 or even 2500rpm
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You would not get sudden kick of turbo in Linea. Because it has fitted VGT (Variablr Geometry Turbo).

In VGT you get power in linear format.

In 75 HP GP,MSwift,Vista & in other hatchback fitted with FGT (Fixed Geometry Turbo) gives sudden kick
    of Turbo.

Because FGT wakes up at specific RPM while VGT gives small amount of boost right from idle RPM.

Keep update. Coz my 90 HP also suffering same problem of power loss but little bit differance.

My 90 runs well after 1600 RPM.
    But below 1600 RPM in any gear it has super-duper turbo lag & dull engine performance
  5. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    hi
    now the problem of powerloss havnt appeared yet...but my fuel efficiency again dropped by 1.5kmpl..Now im getting only 14.7kmpl in highway driving..

can anyone please tell me the e-mail ids or phone numbers of the fiat officials to whom i can send a complaint regarding these..
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Vipin
    How you do calculate milege?
    Always reset tripmeter. & run the car w/o start & stop for
    at least 40-50 km .
    If you do frequent start/stopmilege may go down.

2nd method- Try tankful to tankful method.
    This is the real method . Don't keep too much faith on Real Time Milege Indicator
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    im testing the mileage using the tank full to tank full method..i have tested it two times on the same route.....the mileage is same...i am really fed up with these issue...its been 8 months im suffering from this and even the fiat engineers cant figure out the issue.....what should i do now?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    at what speeds do you drive normally on the highways? how much mileage did you get initially when you didn't have any problem with the car?
  9. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    usually i drive in a speed of 80-90 kms and rarely above 100kms...initialy i was getting 17.5kmpl for my car on highways 14-15 in city driving that too with the AC on in these same driving style..
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

at 80-90,you should be getting 20-22 easily,at least on MID.