1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    I faced same problem. Culprit was Turbo was not spooling up. I am not able to recall how those guys corrected it. But they didn't charged any money. I got my car back in half hour. I was lucky as I faced this problem within 1 km for service center. & if you experience black smoke, low mileage than hose connected to turbo is culprit. It develops crack where clip is tightened. I faced both problem in life of my linea. In such condition engine works normally means turbo and all. But because of leakage in hose pipe. you will feel little heavy vehicle/less mileage/dark back smoke.
  2. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    ya once when they checked the turbo they found that the clip of the hose connected to turbo was not properly tightend..and they fixed it...but after that also i didnt felt any change in the car's perfomance...they are saying that turbo is perfect as they have done trial run by connecting their laptop to the car and nothing wrong is showing..
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    when i first went to the dealership regarding this issue,they cleaned the hose connected to the turbo and told that lots of carbon deposit was there.(which was unusual for a car done only 9500kms)..and told the problem maybe because of lowquality diesel..
    after that the problem disappeared but the fuel efficiency dropped to 14kmpl in highways and 12.5kmpl in town..and the overall perfomance of the car also gone down,when i went for 2nd service,told this problem and they cleaned the EGR valve,manifold,turbo hose etcand regarding turbo first they told that turbo is having some fault and they will replace the same..but later they told that the problem was the hose clip of turbo was not tightend,and fixed it....but i didnt felt any differance.
    later the service center guys complained this issue to fiat officials and they sent a complete check list starting from the tyre air pressure check..in that also no problem was found.we conducted a tank full to tank full test to calculate the exact fuel efficency and obtained 13.3kmpl...the service center guys took photographs of some parts and sent to fiat official along with the reports of the tests...

after some days they called me and told that their ASM(area service manager) is coming and to bring the vehicle..and they gave me the vehicle and told that they again a tank full to tank full test and got 18kmpl...later when i started using the car the fuel efficiency went up to 15.8 in highways..but recently the power loss issue again came and also i couldnt feel any turbo kick in after 2000+ rpm....sometimes im feeling at after 3000+rpm..

now the fiat officials asked to sent the ECU to the plant.told that it will be the problem of ECU and they will reprogram it or replace the same..
    now its been one week since they sent it and till now no reply..
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    In my case there was winning noise from Turbo, black smoke and power loss.FE was ok.I was given refurbished turbo in EW
  5. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Till now Fiat is not able to diagnose the problem,i dont know why they are manufacturing cars. They dont know technical problems and also in extended warranty they are rejecting most parts.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Same case of mine.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Symptoms are same. But why refurnished turbo?
    I think we Indians easily becomes 'Used to' with exploytation of manufacturer.

Indian consumer is not serious about consumer rights.
    Why not new turbo? As per warranttee term refurnished item are not.allowed.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It was in EW and according to TASS if refurbish is not there then new part otherwise in EW its always refurbished part.Normally they dont inform the customer on the same but the service guy was honest enough to enlighten me on the facts.

Even during my rack change in EW refurbished part was put but later it developed some issue(wasn't actually a issue I came know later) the TASS changed it with a new part without checking.This was done in Nov 2011 and according to the SA the claim is not yet cleared by the insurance company.
  9. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Taking extended warranty for Fiat vehicles is damm waste
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    EW is all manufacturers are refurbished spares and if not available then new.Its common practice.