1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea 1.3mjd power loss and low fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vipinpradeep, Jun 14, 2013.

1. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    hi
    i am owning a 2011 december fiat linea 1.3 mjd emotion which has done 14000kms...from the last october onwards...my car is having a strange problem..ie sometimes while driving,the car is losing all its power..mostly while downshifting gears and accelerating..eventhough i give full acceleration,in any gear the car is not gaining a speed more than 30kmph...the car is becoming so sluggish..but the rpm is going up,even in idling also while i accelerate the rpm is going up.sometimes the problem will disappear aftr 2 or 3 minutes..and sometimes the problem persists for a long time..ie i have to switch off the engine and to wait for some hours.also i couldnt feel any turbo kick in after 2000rpm.sometimes i can feel it after 3000rpm.i consulted with the service center and the couldnt find anything wrong in diagnosis..they cleaned the valves,everything and gave the car back...after that the problem disappeared but the fuel efficiency dropped to maximum 12km/litre in city and 14km/litre in highways..now again the problem arised.for the last 7 months the dealership have done many tests and cleaned EGR valve,manifest etc...but they couldnt find anything and they reported the issue to fiat officials and they asked to send my car's ECU to their plant in Pune...and now my car is in service center as the have sent the ECU to the Fiat officials.
    does anyone experienced such a problem..does that get fixed by remapping the ECU or by replacing with a new ECU.
    looking forward for your replies.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did they check the turbo function? Checked for any leaks?
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    yes they checked the turbo and all....also done trial run by connecting the diagnostic computer..and said that everything is ok..the turbo is functoning properly.
  4. Could be the clutch is slipping.
  5. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hai Vipin i am even facing the same problem on my 2010 Sept Linea MJD which has done 28000km till date. I have given the car to dealerv sveral times and they changed the EGR valve thrice,they too couldnt diagnose the problem. After replacing the Egr valve its running fine. What i diagnosed, EGR valve solenoid is the culprit.
  6. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    thank you for the reply.....i will consult with the service center...still my car is there as the ECU has been sent to the officials...also did you face the low fuel efficiency problem??
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Do u get black smoke.If yes with power loss TURBO is the culprit.
  8. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    No i am sure its not the turbo
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Look it up on the Forum,Many people including me face this at times,and till date there has been no solution to this problem.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    is the acceleration linear or staggered?
    Do you feel that the car is gasping for air , as in when you press the accelerator the vehicle somewhat chokes .
    do you feel it?
    Also it would be helpful to know the tests that have been conducted thus far