1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3MJD Emotion Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by atulmt, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Waiting......waiting......waiting......waiting........for an update.......!!!!!!!!!!! ::O
  2. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Guys,
    This is the time to share the moments of joy as the beauty has come home yesterday. first of all thanks to all the members once again for all their suggestions time to time, and especially Ansal11 who personally took the pain of visiting the showroom for the PDI and other help.

The story began 1 month back when i started searching a diesel sedan in the budget of 8l, with good looks and features. There were not many options available i just sorted out 4 Dzire, Manza, Verna & Linea. My wife (me too) didn't like much the shape of Manza (Depends upon personal choice don't say it's very bad) also the interiors though it has got lot of space inside, and on papers it looks very powerful and economical. Dzire was the last option if i don't get anything within my budget (Though everybody in my family and relatives were advocating of it, probably because of the brand value and resale value). For both Verna and Linea i need either to raise the budget or go for lower versions. For some reasons i couldn't test drive the verna and in between took the test drive Linea twice, Since then i was completely biased towards it. All those confusions & doubts regarding the low power of the beauty just went away, I found it sufficient for me and the looks and interiors were never a question. One of my close friends, is already having MJD and have run it more than 70K Km in past 1.5 years and was happy with this. He suggested just go for this car if you want to have it for longer period of time (that was already the case with me). Also about verna he said the parts are costly (not sure but the car itself is costlier). The dealer also gave me comparison chart for part prices, in that there is not much difference b/w these two though Ford Fiesta parts are really costly. Anyways I decided to go for Active model but being 5'6" i didn't found the seat at comfortable position. I realized that seat adjustment is must for me otherwise this may spoil the fun of driving altogether later on. I was also planning to install the stereo from outside in active model but if i go for Dynamic and add sterio it is almost an Emotion so finally we streached further to take one time pain, but decided to go for Emotion. :cool:

It's worth mentioning one thing, in between i also took the test drive of Dzire, The clutch paddle is very high in this. If you put your ankle on the floor, you can't reach it. This means that every time you press the clutch you need to lift your leg right from the thy which is very uncomfortable in city driving. :mrgreen:

Then started the bargaining with dealers i talked with 3 (Automobile Sterling, Oberoi Cars, Rama Motors). The first one said if you go for Dec'10 Model, discounts are good but later on said there is no such model available in the plant. The other two were making false promise to provide the Dec'10 model but the day i reached for booking they denied it (see the details of the bad day).

Today (15 Jan) was very tuf day for me, i was there in total mood to book the Linea but thanks to the sales people and their tricks i couldn't do that.
    I started with RAMA motors. in the morning i called up the so called gentleman "Deepak Joshi" till then he was pushing me to visit the showroom and choose one of the two 2010 models of Oct-Nov. I reached the showroom in the morning around 12:00PM and understood once again the thing which he was offering as soon as i said okay show me the Cars he said one of them was sold yesterday night only, and now only the red car (which we were not liking since begining) is available. I was shocked, when i asked him to give me the VIN of the car, it was Sept-27 model. I had a peice of paper on which i written down some major points of the PDI (just in case we see the car) and VIN decoding details. Very smartly he just removed that from the bunch of papers i had, as i searched that all around the showroom but couldn't find. After that I was in no mood to stay there even for a minute (By the way that paper also contained the lines copied from the forum in which some one was shouting on Joshi and telling that he is not at all trustworthy). One more thing i have seen 3 different engine specs of MJD with different dealers (86bhp@ 4000/... | 93bhp@4000/209@2000 | 93bhp@4000/203@2500 | 90ps@6000/115@4500) What the HELL, do they all have typo errors in their specs?? None of the salesman was aware of it nor do they know how to identify the engine power IS THERE ANY MEHTOD??? by looking into it(i must ask this from FIAT)
    So i better left the showroom and went to Oberoi Cars to exercise my other option and guess what????The lady interacting with me and calling me day and night to visit the showroom, said the car have been sold now either you can take emotion pk in other color or go with the 2011 model. Without wasting a minute i left the showroom and came home. :A

From all this one thing is clear there is no so called dec'10 model available(At least in the plant) . All these people are having one or two cars in their stocks and since AUTOMOBILE STERLING was not having such stock he always said there is no dec'10 model available if you want 2011 model, i can book it for you. So Guys whose theory is this that 2011 models will be available in Mar'11???

OKAY let's come to the booking. After having some tuf time with Oberoi Cars & RAMA Motors, I decided to book the latest model because ultimately it is more or less same as, if you take the older model the discounts will compensate the depreciation what so ever. Atleast i was please with the correct statements made by the person, at Autosterling. On 18th (My B'day) i booked it. I was told the delivery date to be 25th but just two day after that i saw the mail from Sr. Manager that the vehicle has arrived. That was a pleasant surprise. I immediately rushed to the show room to see if everything is fine and indeed it was apart from some cleaning issue which he promised to take care of properly. And we decided to take the delivery on Sunday(23rd Jan). It's worth mentioning few things which liked about Autosterling:

1. VIN number was provided to me at time of booking itself so that i can be sure of it mfg.
    2. No false promises. Whatever he said on phone was the final deal, no change in face to face meeting (which most of the dealers generally do) this eleminates the unnecessary confusion about price and discounts.
    3. Delivery before the promised date.
    4. He himself said, "Test drive it, if you are satisfied with it then only take it otherwise cancel the booking". and it was really helpful as when i drove it there was alignment problem which got rectified same day now it's working fine. thanks again for the forum people.

So yesterday apart from some delay (as usual, and because of the alignment issue) everything was smooth. So the important point is that if you know the things they will respect you and will not try to impose the things on you. The manager intially said, "Let's make the invoice" but when i said "I believe this is the last step". He was on the backfoot and said as you wish. The person dealing with me was bit shocked when i pulled out the PDI list (bunch of 5-6 papers) out of my pocket and left the car immediately for me to go ahead.

I'll be uploading the PICs soon.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Atul, congrats for the wonderful beauty. I hope ur njoying it. It looks stunning in Bossa Nova White. Njoy the ride mate. Also put ur driving experience soon and other peoples reactions to ur ride

It was all my pleasure, watching another beautiful bride getting ready to be delivered. Also, got to make a couple of new friends as well. :up

You upload ur pictures and then ill put some that i have in my Phone (if u dnt mind).

::T
  4. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Here is the one.

IMG_1500.jpg
  5. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Ansal11, Pls upload the one you have
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Posting Few Pictures of Atul's MJD getting ready for delivery. I was there for the ceremony.

Pictures were taken just before it was getting decorated for delivery. Sorry for the Quality, as everyone forgot the camera. ::T

It Looks a Beauty. Njoy Atul

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG
  7. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Everybody so far in the office or home, has appreciated my decision, to go for Linea :cool
    Toatl run of 165Km has given a average of 16+, Ofcourse most of the drive was there on the highway. :drinks
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    150 kms in a day already !!!!!! Thats a great going.

Thats why its said, Admiration Guaranteed. Njoy the ride. Ull get more appreciation each and every day. It one helluva car and ull njoy it forever.

Put more pictures of the beauty and also ur driving experience.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    good decision by going for the emotion and the 2011 model. white looks good. i just test drove the tjet in white. boy what an engine it is.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This happened with to me also when I was buying Punto. I was looking for Punto Dynamic. Then after so many calculations I opted Punto Emotion.

Linea in white color looks amazing.

BTW congratulation for your new car again.