1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD New buy - In Coimbatore or Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by rajks, Oct 25, 2012.

1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Dear Team,

I am planning to buy Linea 1.3 MJD next month, I am settled in Bangalore now and planning to move to my native city Coimbatore in next 3 years, and I need your inputs on the below:
    - I will make a savings of ~Rs.50K in road tax if I buy it in Coimbatore
    - I am running my Zen Vxi with Chennai registration in Bangalore for the past 6 months and so far there are no legal hicc-ups

1) What are the legal risks in using the car in Bangalore with a TN registration?
    2) Can I buy it in Coimbatore and can take NOC from Coimbatore to make in .drive legally in Bangalore for longterm? If so what would be the cost involved?

2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

I beleive that you will be going to your native once in a month by car hence you can prove the police/RTO officials that you are using limited period only in bangalore showing the toll receipts.

I am not sure about B'lore police/RTO, may be B'ore TFI people can help.
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

You can buy it in coimbatore, pay road tax (This is over and above the tax you pay in coimbatore) in bangalore for the time you are going to stay in Bangalore (You can pay yearly) and get road tax refund from Coimbatire RTO for the same period.

You can do the reverse too but I think you will know people in Coimbatore to make the payment/refund process easier, if thats the case then first option is the best.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Getting a refund is another option that you can exercise but knowing our govt officials its going to be a pain to waste time waiting for the process to go through...
    (At least in BLR its a total waste)..

My suggestion is buy your car in coimbatore itself and bring it to blr.... Once in a month or so just drive down to krishnagiri have a cup of coffee and eat burger at MCDonalds ... Tank you car up at the HP bunk just beside it and then come back...
    Keep the toll and the fuel pump receipts with you and just tell the cops in blr that your just visiting blr for a week or 2. ;-).

In the worst case your car will be noted (Although i highly doubt it) by the cops . If they use a blackberry to note the car then pay up the road tax in blr (Claim refund in coimbatore). If they dont bother to do so, you also dont bother to do so ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  5. rajks

rajks Amatore

Thanks much for all the inputs.