1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD EP Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 22, 2010.

1. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Where did you get the seat covers from, how much ??
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Well I certainly feel that the car is Under powered in mid gears, that is 2-3. You cant expect the engine to pull you to a tornado above those gears. I am not talking about racing on highways or city roads. I am talking about the punch, the power in these two gears to pull the vehicle from stalling when you have to downshift in traffic. I had been so many times embarrassed. A one month old car which has not even covered 3k kms is struggling to pull in even in 2nd gear. And many times it happened that the engine abruptly switched off when i was trying to move the vehicle in 2nd gear from almost a stand still. That should not happen for a new car. My only hope is that this situation will change after the first service which is due. Once it gains momentum there is no issue in 2nd or even 3rd gear. Overtaking in 3rd gear is very easy if the car has not lost momentum. But if it has then 1st gear is the only go. I am really confused and worried.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ the only solution to the above problem is learning the art of driving a linea. RPMs are they key on a VGT linea. linea pulls clearly from rpms as low as 1200 even in 3rd gear at speeds on 20-25. yes the engine doesnt pull like a tornado but its not an embarrassment either.

yesterday while returning from the trip full of winding roads and ghat section i zoomed across almost all vehicles. the only thing that helped me was the torque. when your car is picking speeds at around 1800 rpms dont give sudden accelerator , just hold your pedal for couple of seconds and then move ahead. the rpm quicly rises with full boost upto 2500 rpm let it pass upto 3000 and immediately shift.

i know its difficult to explain you in words. but practice is the key here.
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    yea thank u italia-linea. I never ever thought i wud have to re-learn driving at this age (35). 18 yrs of experience is nothing proved by my linea. :(
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    pammuluvcars as the engine will open up it would pull better from low revs.
    With Diesel engines you have to be in their powerband.
    Up-shift when tacho needle shows 2500 rpm and downshift when tacho needle shows 1500 rpm. You would always be in the power band of MJD and can zoom past others in seconds.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    will try it vijay khasa. :) thank u. Happy New Year 2011
  7. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    This is a long thread but it's difficult to make out the steps of payment can you please summarize them in order, when did you pay how much amount and after what event, which papers to sign etc???
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Atul, i have replied to your message.
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    So far I have covered 3000 plus some odd kilometers. So far the vehicle is good but i have a tiring problem. The car is too sluggish on 2nd and 3rd gears on slow speed. That is in city traffic if the speed is less than 10 kms, the car crawls and refuse to move on 2nd gear. The last option is 1st gear and in slow traffic I always have to use 1st gear this is very tiring and fuel consuming. if i shift to 2nd gear and does not gain momentum which is impossible in slow moving traffic, the engines shuts off abruptly and this happens many times. I had complained about this during my first service but nothing was done it seems. I am still experiencing the same. Is there any method that helps fine tune the engine for more throttle response in low gears such as 2nd and 3rd? I am really disappointed and have a feeling that i have made a wrong choice of buying a huge car with an under powered (in terms of throttle response) engine. In yet another occasion I had to climb up a steep ramp from the basement parking of a shopping mall and had to negotiate a little bit in the narrow ramp due to the size of Linea. The engine was shut off and it took 3 attempts to take the car out of the cave. I was really frustrated and started thinking seriously about selling my 2 month old car :( On first gear the car couldnt climb a steep? The engine wont pick up at all. Is this a complaint with my car alone or all Lineas are the same? Is it due to the enormous size and weight of the car?

When i discussed this with a friend of mine who owns a diesel linea for over 2 years now, his first response was "it is your lack of experience". But when I mentioned the fact that i got my license when he was still in his diaper age, he settled down and confessed that he also have had issues in low gear momentum. He claims that it is b'cos of the enormous size of the car. Even i feel so. Please do not suggest it is my lack of experience again. I have got my license when i was 18 and in the last 17 years i have driven almost all kind of cars/SUVs of various makes and power. So I know what I am talking about. I am talking hard facts. I need real life opinions from Diesel Linea owners. Your love for FIAT may stop you from writing anything against the beauty, but please be honest and frank. Thank you guys. Please post your true experiences.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I am uploading some photos taken @ home in Kerala during my trip in December last year.

linea NoNum.jpg

linea2Nonum.jpg

linea3.jpg

linea4 NoseNoNum.jpg

linea5NsreeNonum.jpg

linea6Front NoNum.jpg

linea8nonum.jpg

linea9 BootNoNum.jpg

linea15.jpg