1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD EP Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 22, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Sorry to hear about the accident bro :A . Regarding the pickup issue I think the culprit was adulterated fuel :hit
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Sorry to hear about the accident Pramodh,but lodging a complaint for a scratch is really heroic,just like in a Rajinikanth movie,way to go.
    But from my experiences I've decided never to use car while it rains.
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

Hi Lineans. I have covered almost 2800 kms in till last night. Yesterday I installed vinyl sheet on the floor to protect the carpet and floor. Anyone else have done this? Next i want to do is sunfilm. That i will do in bangalore only. I wanted to fix a new horn but when i contacted the dealer they told me that if i install a new horn (or any device for that matter which requires electrical connection) my extended warranty will be VOID. Disgusting. They said there are a number of sensors in the car and cutting wires may affect it and the warranty will be void. Only fiat engineers are supposed to do it. When i told them "fine then let fiat engineers do the fitting" their reply was " we dont install products bought in outside market" cunning people. They have learnt the ways to mint money. this is really disgusting. One very annoying thing about linea is it wont leave any pothole, small bumps untouched. I have lost interest in counting the number of times the bottom scraped. especially the engine compartment area. Mostly that is the area where it touches the ground.
  4. arulvr

Mate, no offense to you..but it ain't "disgusting" at least to me. When the manufacturer says not to fiddle with the sensor circuits, Electrical systems, they sure know better what it is than who drives the car. I've seen some fellas who have done great modifications to their electrical systems ( (audio, woofer, amps, lights, cam and what not) in other cars and have faced short circuit, blown out fuse and other issues. While I understand, swapping horn ain't a big deal, but manufacturers can't draw a line on what is allowed and what not ! So, I wouldn't call it as "disgusting" for sure !

On scraping, please check if your tyre pressure is within the limits and you go easy on acceleration when you hit the pothole/humps..
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Agree with arulvr. All components fitted in car have a certain level of tolerance that will be answered by fitted power sources. If you want to go ahead with a after market accessory, you can do so, but then you must also be prepared to lose warranty. I upgraded the audio system and there was some wire cutting involved from the HU. I did this with full knowledge that I might face warranty issues.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

the horn can be fitted without cutting a single wire in tandem with the oem horn. if you are installing the cutout then directly take the power from battery and plug out the original horn cable, take a negative coupler and insert the other end to your new horn.

a good installer will never cut the wires. :dance
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

I find the driver's seat not very comfortable for long drives. I have driven all the way from cochin to bangalore on a single stretch. Drove continously around 350 kms before taking a break for lunch. By the time i stopped for lunch, my back and neck were hurting badly. The seat is not giving neck and lower neck support at all. especially when the seat back is reclined. Only in the upright position the head rest comes in contact with body/head.

Tuscan wine is a great color. All my relatives friends ...everyone liked the color. All praises. But very difficult to maintain. By the time i reached blore the car looked like as if it was dipped in a tank full of dust. The car turned to be a muddy brown in color. Burns a lot of fat washing this huge butted beauty ::D , but i enjoy giving her a wash myself.

To be honest, other than the neck pain and back pain it gave me, the ride was fantabulous. I didnt feel I was driving for 6 hours continuously before stopping for lunch. At Salem my cousin joined me and he took over the wheel and i had a small nap. I set out at 4:50 in the morning (before sunrise) and reached bangalore around 3:50 something. The total travel time (Trip B which i tripped just before I started) was 9 hrs 27 mints.

I guess after the first service the 2nd and 3rd gears will become more powerful and free. I have a problem now. The engines shuts off just like that. I down shift to 2nd gear when i have to slow down, immediately when i try to gain momentum the engine dies. Dunno what is the problem. Will mention this to service guys during first service. I would have loved that Swift/Verna like turbo punch but alas it is not there in this car :( Is there any way i can get that punch? Are these service guys capable of tuning the engine to get that punch? Any idea guys?
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

ya tusan wine is good too see but difficult to maintain. its a part of my regular exercise now. i have to clean it daily. the dust looks very dirty on the car. u need to keep it shining.
    i am not understanding why you shift to 2nd to slow down.ideally when u slow down u apply brakes and when u need to gain momentum again u shift to 2nd and press the accelerator.
    in any case with right rpm the engine should not die. if its stalling in high rms while revving then something is wrong. dont expect any punch from linea. its a lazy car :)
  9. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hi ! pammuluvcars, I have the same car I mean MJD with 160mm clearance, did not face much problem with potholes. You may have to watch how you negotiate the potholes/speadbreakers. Thanks.
  10. NAREN64

Try using the the Neck rest, which is in Fiat acessories, photo & link as follows.

Link - http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx