1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD EP Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 22, 2010.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Whats the maximum speed you can attain in a 1.3 MJD (linea)???

Anyone who has gone more than 180? Touched 200?

Last night I crossed a bit more than 180 in the elevated highway (to E.City) in Bangalore. That was the maximum it was climbing. I floored the pedal. It was a slope too.....
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    In user manual it's mentioned as 170km/hr.
    Take it easy man it's dangerous to drive at those speeds on Indian roads you never know from where a dog,cat,cow or a human being will jump
    Speedo indicated 180 would be more than the actual speed due to speedo error
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You need to stick the TFI sticker in your cabin that says "Its not a race, keep the space". :)
    Do not abuse your car just to make new personal records or to check the capabilities. Just my 2 cents. ::T

Your Tuscan wine babe is very beautiful. ::V
    Do not risk her safety by driving at such speeds. This photo is a part of my desktop wallpaper slideshow by the way.

Tuscan Wine Linea.jpg
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @ vijay - It is an elevated highway. there wont be any cats n dogs not even pedestrians. No one can cross from the other side of the road to this side. and at 12:00 am the road was pretty empty.

@ PaddleShifter : I was not trying to set any personal record. Since the road was too good and wanted to check what max speed i can attain, i did it. True it is dangerously high speed.

But it was amazing, 20 kms in 3 minutes.....:)
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I think you meant 9kms in 3 minutes @ 180km/hr
    To drive 20kms in 3 minutes you need to drive at speed of 399.99999999999994 km/hr. :steering I have driven at these speeds but only in Need for Speed games :redcar
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Are you sure u were driving a car. May be it was an early dream at 12am coz u cant be flying at 400km/hr in an 1.3 mjd. The only thing flying at that speed would be different car parts, the hood and everything else attached to the car ::V :evilsmile
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Plz take in lighter note..... ::O
    In India those who drive above 100-120 on "any road" either helps "Shani bhagwan" for his "unexpected profit of the day" list or helps population control department of India. Even though no pedistrians, cows, dogs but a small stone of 5-10 cm dia. or small pit can create imbalance and topple the car.
    So please don't make it again ! And also don't abuse our dear machine.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    chalo..now atleast pammuluvcars wont say my car is struggling. :steering :redcar
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey pammuluvcars, Since you have tested the car now don't try to break this record, Drive safe and enjoy the drive, should have also thanked your TW Linea by talking to her...)))
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    E.City to Silkboard is around 20 kms, ok we covered 15 kms min on the elevated highway. It took only 3 minutes from E.City to Silkboard. Thats why.