1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD EP Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

It should not happen but you never know
    Airfilter box is visible after opening hood. It is secured by 3 screws. If you want I can post some pictures on how to remove and clean the filter.
    To check the box start the car and check the box by you hand if air is leaking or being sucked.
    As you have said that your friend also drives a Linea MJD for 2 years. You can drive your friends car and you car back to back on a steep incline usually present in underground parking of shopping malls and offices and see if that linea also faces that problem.
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Ooookkkkk now I got your issue....you are being troubled by physics and chemistry.... LOL

Let me explain..... when you are beginning an uphill climb... the car caarries momentum from the plain for first couple of hundred meters....so the drive is smooth.....well it appears to be smooth... then the engine starts gasping for breath......and our driver mind induces us to press accelerator further. ...this helps for next 100 mtrs......then things change drastically...and we realise that the car is losing its punch...and we start downshifting..we go. .....5...4...3...2...1.. and start flooring accelerator. .. this increases fuel in combustion chambers..which means we are dumping a load of fuel into allready strained engine and reduces combustion... and increases exhaust gases.......which in turn reduces power...... bacause some power is used to throw semi spent fuel out of combustion chamber..... and by the time climb ends ..... the car virtually feels powerless. .....so we press accelerator even harder.......then suddenly when climb is over...the load on engine reduces.....and the engine gives a push using all the unburnt fuel one last time...and car lurches forward with surge of power......

Thats the diagnosis.....

And now a probable remedy.....

Next time try this..... instead of going 5....4....3....2....1... on climb.... go. 5.....3.....2....1 ..... or ....4...2...1 if you are allready in 4th gear.....simply skip one gear while going down............. and go easy on acclerator.... this will help by shifting the power to a higher gear ratios...and maintain the momentum.

Damn this one was long.
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

On challenging inclines where the cars have to stop for whatever reasons to a standstill (signal or traffic jam etc), I use this method which you mentioned. The car in the 1st gear, clutch part-released to a point that car is not moving ahead. This prevents car from going down when I resume as don't have to take off my foot from brake, have to just press accelerator furthe, release the clutch more & take off. Though, using hand brake is the best option technically, I'm used to this & these situation of maintaining car at standstill on an incline is not easy.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    using the Hand brake Technique in Slopes is very good if you are comfortable with it,
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

:) the discussion is taking a deviation to driving on slope and handbrake.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

aah. i have shared my contact details with you. i have just returned from a 600 kms trip. i know what you are facing. the same thing was observed when my cousin was driving the car. and he has a hell lot of experience in driving too.

but the same linea when i drove i demonstrated my cousin how to drive. i am not bluffing here but in the khambatki ghat my linea dint allow an Audi 2.0 lt to race me. it all depends on driver. the audi would have easily put linea to shame but it couldnt.

the key is - rpm, torque and speed. and in case of linea these factors need to be damn perfect.
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

9. atulmt

Pammuluvcars, I also don't feel any power lag as you mentioned. Either there is some problem with your car or i donno the reason. Mine has run just 650 Km. Also there is slope (i believe 30 deg) in my office parking and i never felt any sort of problem ever or any power loss.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare