1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD EP Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 22, 2010.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    My car reached the dealership last week. Thursday night it came and friday afternoon I visited the showroom to have a look at the car. The car was parked in the dim lit basement and I couldnt check the car properly due to lack of proper light. However I found a small scratch on the boot, which the SE promised will disappear after polishing and rubbing. I have written down the VIN and KMs done. It was showing 30 kms.

I told the SE that before sending the car for registration I want to do a proper PDI. He agreed to it and promised to arrange for PDI on saturday. Came saturday and he called me to inform that due to heavy rush in the Showroom it cant be possible he will arrange for it on Sunday. Which was very much ok for me coz there wont be any rush and I could do the PDI peacefully. Came Sunday and he smsed me saying that there are no authorized drivers in the showroom so is helpless to show the car. Now today, Monday, morning he called me and said that the car was taken back to the Yard and they cant bring it back n forth since its an unregistered car with no insurance and stuff. As per the SE the car was kept in the basement safely but he changed his version that it was taken back to the yard friday night itself. Now am really confused. He is changing his statements every now and then like a culprit during interrogation. ::D

Need Help Need Help !!!

I had asked for a pre-registration PDI of the car. Today morning he called me and informed that the car has been taken back to the yard and they cant bring it again before delivery. Driving an unregistered car with no insurance is risk etc etc. That I understand and since I have confirmed the manufacturing date by checking the VIN ( i have made note of the VIN, kms done etc) I told him Ok you can go ahead with the registration process but I want to verify the papers before you send it for registration. For that he was not giving a clear answer, then all of a sudden he told me that he want to prepare the Invoice before registration. Now is that the process?

Invoice is prepared before registration is done??? I smell rat. Why is he pushing me to do the invoice.

I have read in most member's Ownership experience that they signed the Invoice only after PDI just before delivery. Is it true that invoice is prepared before registration?

Please help me friends. I have asked him to hold it until i get back to him. He is calling me now.

Please help.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tell that moron that you will not accept that car before inspecting it personally. Ask him to take you to their yard in a registered and insured car. :lol:
    So that you can inspect it to your heart's satisfaction.

I really hope that you do not commit the mistake of allowing him to invoice and get it registered in your name without showing it to you. Download the PDI checklist meant for Punto/Linea from here:
    viewtopic.php?f=52&t=787
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe invoice needs to be generated before registration. Tell them to hold for registration till you see your car yourself.
    Once car is registered, you have hardly a choice.

Having said that, don't worry much, most of the customers take their delivery without inspecting their cars. Just go and satisfy yourself before registration.

Mods Note - I have moved it in service center section. Once you get your car, please open buying/ownership experience in appropriate section.
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I just spoke to the SE and told him firmly that i will see the vehicle before he can go ahead with registration process.
  5. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    A PDI is more for Self Satisfcation and i pretty much recommend it. Not that FIAT rolls out faulty cars, the PDI assures that you are not the unlucky one. So stand your ground for the PDI before the registration.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    How do I upload photos in the post?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Thank you very much Ravi
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Sorry guys forgot to update yesterday (11/23/2010)

11/23/2010: Ok guys,

Now nothing much left to do. Just wait for one last PDI and then sign papers n drive home with my beauty.

Experience with SBI is amazing. Thoroughly professional people. Got the work done in less than 3 hours.

Handed over the Cheque/DD to the dealer. The last part of the payment.

Did a PDI before handing over the cheque and handed a 10 items list to the SA which he promised to get done by tomorrow afternoon. I have asked for a final round of PDI by 1:30 so that the only thing left in the evening before delivery is signing few papers.

That means in effect the delivery will be in the evening but PDI will be done in day light under the scorching Sun.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Today's update: Govt holiday in Karnataka. Vehicle registration can not be done today. Will be done tomorrow only. :( Hmmmmmmm
    :eek: what happened to my Avatar. The pic i uploaded in my avatar is gone :(